Doctor (BeachPineapple57)

"Have a safe drive Jasmine, well done today," Ashton said, "you're way more organised as an intern than I ever was,"

"Thankyou," I yawned, "night shifts are no fun,"

"Neither is being sick," he smiled, waving his hand, "get home and sleep,"

I grabbed my bag and left, walking into the staff car park. I'd always dreamt of working as a doctor, but the reality was tough, and could be more like a nightmare at times.

I got into my car and turned down the radio, having some water to try and keep me awake, before pulling out of the car park.

Though I was tired, my attention was always on the road. However, my reflexes were a little fuzzed, and when I car came speeding out when they should've given way... my car skid, and flipped.

My head hit the air bag, but my windshield smashed, and- and...

"Miss, can you hear me?"

"Ow,"

"I know, I know. We'll get you fixed up. Can you open your eyes for me?"

"What doctor?"

"Well, I don't know,"- "Irwin, please," I whimpered, opening my eyes for the paramedic. I hoped he hadn't packed up yet.

"What's your name?" she said, the stretcher lifting up, "I'm Amy,"

"Jasmine,"

"Alright Jasmine, I'm going to lay some cool rags on your arm because you have some burns on there,"

"Okay,"

"You're a student yourself?"

I wished I wasn't at that moment. How stupid would I look if I let out how anxious I was, while wearing scrubs?

"Don't close those eyes Jasmine,"

"I-I,"

"Can I give you some oxygen?" another voice said, making me jump. My head felt so disoriented, and I didn't feel like I could hear properly.

"No,"

"Jasmine, you need it," Amy said, lift my head so the mask could go on, "it's okay,"

I felt my eyes welling up because I felt out of control. They decided what to do, and I didn't like being this side of the job.

We arrived at the hospital and they wheeled me inside, the ceiling becoming a blur. When we came to a halt, the curtains were shut, and I was briefly alone.

I took my mask off.

"Jasmine, that stays on,"

I looked up at Ashton and immediately started to let out sobs, three more doctors entering. I recognised them all.

"We'll take care of you," Michael said, putting gloves on, "where is hurting the most?"

"I feel no pain,"

"Okay, that can happen,"

"Don't touch me,"

"Woah, woah," Ashton said, "What's this about? We need to help you sweetheart,"

"I'm scared,"

"There's no need to be scared," Calum said, helping Michael as they cleaned my burns, "you're training to become one of us,"

"I don't like this side of it!"

Luke tried to put my mask back on and I moved my head, causing immense pain down my ribs. Ashton put gloves on and started tending to cuts on my leg, and Luke was tending to friction burn on my stomach.

"Stop," I whimpered, moving my leg, "get off,"

"Jasmine,"

"Leave it,"

"If you think we can leave this, I'm not sure you're supposed to be a doctor," Michael said, "you have pain now, what's hurting?"

"My ribs,"

"Your ribs, okay. We'll get an x-ray,"

I started to cry, and my breathing got jagged- I felt nauseous. My hands were shaking and I wanted to curl under a cover, not he exposed like this.

"Deep breaths," Calum said, Luke humming.

"I can't,"

"I think we are going to give you a relaxer," Ashton said.

"No! No, not a needle. Ashton," I sobbed, shouting as loud as I could.

"Woah," he said, sitting beside my head instead, "Jasmine, sweetheart, look at me,"

I did, and he wiped my tears, making eye contact.

"You know how important it is that we help you. You have been hurt badly, and so you need a lot of help, but you're putting yourself in more danger by fighting us off,"

"I'm scared,"

"I know you're scared, and that's okay,"

"I'm going to fall behind and,"- "you're not going to fall behind,"

"I have no one you can call, my family don't live anywhere near here,"

"We'll get you a change of clothes," Luke said, "you just need to rest,"