Dentist (hallohellohola)

"Good morning Sophie," Ashton smiled, hanging his bag up on the hooks.

"Morning," I said quietly.

"I didn't know you were working today?"

"Paperwork," I nodded, grabbing bag and fumbling around. My hands were shaking slightly, because I was stood in a room with just him.

Ashton Irwin, head of oral surgery and absolutely gorgeous. I was interning here, after moving, but he was on a completely different team.

He was the same age as me, and I admired how successful he already was ,because both of us would've only graduated a few years ago.

He hung his coat up, filled up his water bottle and turned to me.

"I've got paperwork too. Are you liking it here?"

"Yes, thankyou,"

"You're amazing from what I've heard, and you look like you've still got it held together," he laughed, smiling.

"Yeah, just about, I've not really sorted out my apartment though,"

"If you need any help, just ask me,"

I blushed and nodded, grabbing some random notebook and a pen so I could leave. I didn't want to embarrass myself infront of him anymore than I had.

Stumbling out the room, I headed towards the stairs that would take me to an office. I was always flustered after talking to him, and now embarrassed that I'd cut the conversation short.

In the flurry on my thoughts, I hadn't taken notice of my untied shoelace. Nor had I noticed the steps beneath me, until I came crashing down.

I groaned, my whole jaw aching. I tasted blood, confusion filling my brain.

"Sophie?" Liz said, crouching down and starting to help me up, "the dentist needs a dentist,"

She was interning too, and I was glad she found me otherwise I don't think I would've moved.

My mouth was throbbing, and I didn't hesitate to sit on the dentist chair.

"I'll find someone to help,"

She gave me some ice and left the room. Left me alone, trying my best not to cry.

"Sophie, I didn't expect to see you again," Ashton smiled, walking into the room. I choked out a sob as he put the gloves on, grabbing a ton of tools and putting a mask on. He lowered the chair and shushed me, taking the ice.

"Can you open your mouth at all?"

I tried, agony ripping through my mouth. Then, he cupped my chin in his hand so I closed my mouth, looking down at me.

"Okay Sophie, there's a lot going on, and I want you to understand what I'm saying. Can I look for twenty seconds let's say, explain as much as I can then get you going on gas?"

I sniffed and gave him a thumbs up, opening my mouth again.

"You took a right old rumble down the stairs, I'd say your jaw is damaged a little so we will sort that out. Where you feel movement, they're teeth than have been properly moved and I want to sort them out for you. Some have been pushed back, a couple chipped, and you've cut your gum,"

I felt my cheeks burn up, my stomach twisting as I started to cry again.

"It's okay," he soothed, putting some gauze in my mouth, "everything is okay. Honestly, I want to put you to sleep,"

"No,"

"Sophie, this is painful for you, I don't want to inject your gums while you're awake,"