Dentist (cosycal)

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Tap. Tap.

Click.

Over, and over, without breaking once.

My knee bounced, my eyes darting round, noticing everything. There were blue, purple and white toothbrushes, and five posters- but one was ripped. A box of toys for kids to use, and a plain white door which opened.

Oh no, it opened.

"Macy Richards?"

I stood up, clutching my phone, and following the young man.

"I'm Calum, Dr Hood, take a seat," he smiled, "what brought you in today?"

"I have a toothache," I mumbled quietly, hearing him put gloves on.

"Alright, I can take a look at that for you. Have you had work today?"

"Yeah,"

"I wish I got off that early," he said, gently feeling my jaw, "how long have you had this?"

He started to lower the chair and I grabbed the handle, accidentally grabbing his hand which rested on it.

I blushed, putting my hand on my lap.

"A couple of days,"

"Okay, stop being so jumpy ay?" he chuckled, tapping my shoulder, "I'm just a human,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't apologise, can I take a look at what's causing you so much bother?"

I shook my head, starting to search for any air. It felt like I was choking.

"Hey, you have a very beautiful smile, so I don't think anything serious will be up,"

"No drill,"

"I will tell you everything I do,"

He grabbed two tools and I opened my mouth, whimpering slightly as he reached the side.

"You're okay, I think I see the problem,"

"Deep breath in,"

I felt a large ache, yelping as he pressed down.

"You have badly chipped your tooth, so I'm going to clean it out and build a new part up,"

"No drill?"

"If I use a drill, it's only to even it out,"

He put numbing gel on my gum, rubbing one of my shoulders as he prepared. Whether he consciously did it or not was the question, but it didn't matter too much. He was pretty handsome himself, which made this even more embarrassing.

"We aren't going to panic, are we?"

"I don't know,"

"We aren't," he confirmed, "because I will not hurt you,"

"How do you know?"

"Well, I couldn't go to coffee with you if I hurt you,"

"You want to go to coffee?"

"You don't?"

"I do, I just thought you'd be against it ," I chucked.

"Shhh," he grinned, "open up for me,"

I felt him clean the tooth, the occasional tap on the chin to bring my back. I sent him multiple thumbs up so that we could go straight through.

"You're doing amazing Macy, just hang in there while I rebuild this,"

"Calum,"

He took the tools out and put them down, letting me have a breather.

"You're okay,"

"I'm embarrassed,"

"Everyone gets something at some point. You've done the right thing,"

"I think you can carry on,"

"Alright, open up then,"

He fixed up the tooth and set it in place, having to use the drill to make it fit.

Once it was over, I'd never appreciated something anymore in my life.

"So I'll see you for coffee," he grinned, writing down his number.

"Definitely,"

"Have a good day,"

"Thankyou for helping,"

"Anytime,"

**

This will be my last imagine for a little while. For the next month and a half I'm super busy, and it wasn't working.

Sorry if this upsets anyone, I will still be active and talking : ))))