Doctor (5sosiswhyiamalive)

"Are there any hazelnuts in this?" I asked the dinnerlady, holding a breakfast bar up. I'd brought a pack lunch, but mum had only packed my sandwich.

"You're gonna ask that everytime?" Sadie laughed.

"They change everyday, I can't read the ingredients," I shrugged, "I'm gonna save it for when I'm home,"

We sat down and ate our lunch, spending so much time talking that we barely finished before the bell. After a quick visit to the toilet, we were back to sitting through more lessons.

Mum texted to say she was home early, which always meant Jack was coming over. Knowing tea would be early, I started eating the breakfast bar on the way home.

It didn't taste too great, but I ate it anyway.

However, I felt my breathing become shallower, and my mouth was tingling. I hadn't run, so my asthma had a low chance of flaring up, which left one option- hazelnuts.

And I was in as much trouble as the school.

I fumbled around with my phone and clicked on the first contact, which was stupidly Ben.

"Savanna?"

"Hazelnut,"

"Where are you?"

"Almost home,"

"I'm gonna call mum, be as quick as you can,"

My eyes were watering, and my stomach started to hurt. I was wheezing, and could hardly take another step.

I just started crying, and my chest started hurting, and my skin was red.

"Savanna?" I heard someone call, but I couldn't work out who.

"Savanna,"

I felt someone's arms round me, easily picking up my body.

"Okay sweetheart, I've got you,"

"Who?"

"Jack, it's jack.

"Can't- breathe,"

He cursed under his breath, and I felt us enter the house, him putting my body on he sofa and holding me down.

"No," I panicked, mum giving me the epipen before I could argue. Jack shushed me, grabbing my inhaler to try and stop it.

Mum was calling an ambulance, but everything seemed to be merging and hurting. My lunch came up, all over me and Jack, then I passed out.

"Low blood pressure!"

"Her heart rate is too high,"

"She's hardly breathing, she's not taking it in,"

"Can everyone just give her some room?"

I started coughing, spluttering and reaching up to my throat.

"Luke," I gasped.

"I'm here, I'm here Savanna. Open your eyes for me,"

I looked up and saw his face, my whole body feeling heavy.

"You have to breathe in sweetheart," he sighed, "how much did you eat? You're on steroids and everything,"

I shook my head and squeezed my fists together, my whole body aching.

"Okay, I'm gonna give you a cannula instead,"

He took the oxygen mask off and I immediately started to struggle, mum taking my hand. I didn't even realise she was in here.

I cringed as he put the cannula in and whined, Jack and Ben walking into the room. 

"Luke, it hurts,"

"I need to give you a shot,"

"That hurts more," I cried, sitting up and letting him take me to his chest. I closed my eyes and tried to follow his breathing.

"My tummy hurts,"

"Do you need the toilet?"

"No,"

"How did you eat so much Savanna, you know you have to be careful," mum sighed, Luke kissing my head.

"School said there wasn't any in there," I trembled, Ben blowing me a kiss.

"But I gave you a packed lunch,"

"You only gave me the sandwich,"

"Okay," Luke interrupted, "we can't change that now, and Savanna won't make the mistake again. I'm gonna give you a shot,"

I rubbed my eyes and held my stomach, the pain unbearable.

I just wanted to cry.

I'd disappointed mum.
I'd bothered Ben.
I'd ruined Jack's night.
Luke had to hurt me.
I was in agony.

And I felt so stupid.

Luke wiped my arm and quickly gave the shot, taking my weight again afterwards.

"You're okay," he whispered, "you're gonna have to stay overnight,"

"Can you stay?"

"I'll be in my call room,"

"I'm sorry,"

"It's okay," he chuckled, "I know it hurts but it's okay,"

He gently started rubbing my stomach, mum brushing back my hair.

"You're lucky, just wouldn't recommend you do that again,"