Doctor (imagine for yadaschreijer)

Hoodies are great for hiding lot of things.

A bad hair day.

An uneven tan.

The fact that you're out in pyjamas.

Bruises.

Scars.

Pain.

So you'd hope they were a good shield too, but Yada could feel every hit. At this point, she felt immune to it. Her body always ached, and she had no energy to fight back. It made her cry too much, she thought, and her small body was covered in a mass of purple bruises.

But when things like this happened, the most important thing was that her wrists weren't caught.

With one final blow, her mum pushed her upstairs and slammed her bedroom door. The whole house shook.

"Tomorrow, you're having that checkup so that I don't get fined. If you let them see anything, I'll be having strong words with you,"

I fell back and groaned, tears flowing down my face. I replaced my bandages with something less noticeable and hoped that they'd be healed enough in the morning.

Since I wasn't being spoken to, I got ready for bed. Sleeping wasn't great for me either, so the earlier I went, the more chance I had to sleep more.

By the morning, my stomach was growling, and every part of my body hurt. After washing my arm to make sure it was as clean as possible, I decided I needed to put a bandage on anyway.

"Go to the clinic straight afterschool,"

"Walk there?"

"Yes,"

She watched as I let the house, trudging to school as fast as I could. My head hurt, and my back felt like it would snap in half.

School went at a snails pace, each tick making my itch grow more intense. In fact, I'd forgotten I had the appointment until I got barged into at school and caught my arm.

The bandage slowly got splotches of red, making me internally groan. As long as there were no shots, I'd be fine.

But who was I kidding, it had been 5 years since a doctors appointment and that was when I was ten. The place freaked me out enough, but now I was alone and actually had stuff to hide.

It dawned on me that I didn't know when my appointment was, and that it had taken half an hour to get here.

I walked inside and tugged at my sleeves, the receptionist smiling.

"Good afternoon, do you have an appointment?"

"Yeah, Yada," I said absentmindedly, looking at all the posters around. Ones for asthma, the flu, shots and numbers to call. They didn't make the place look appealing.

"Your appointment was 20 minutes ago, where is your parent?"

"Oh, I'm here alone. I walked from school so I tried my best," I frowned, my stomach dropping. Mum would get mad.