Doctor (anon)

It had happened again.

I was knocking on Katie's door, begging for an answer.

All she knew was that my parents argued. It was too loud, so I came over.

Of course, her dad Ashton just assumed I came over so much because we were best friends- at least, as far as I knew.

Tonight, it was bad.

"Lane, hey, Katie isn't here tonight," Ashton said, my stomach dropping. I had no where to go.

"Oh... sorry,"

"You can still come in if you like, and get some warmer clothes on. My friends are over so she wanted to go to my mum's house,"

Most people would think it was strange that he let me in, but I stayed over whenever I could. It was a Friday, and usually Katie was here, but since I wasn't at school she must've assumed I was too sick.

He closed the door behind me and rested his hand on my back, taking me to the kitchen and grabbing me a cup of water.

"Sit down," he smiled, "Did she forget to tell you she wasn't here?"

I nodded and put the cup down, my hands shaking slightly. My hip was sore, my head stinging and eyes burning. I didn't have a coat, nor time to shower and check my appearance before I came.

I probably looked disgusting.

"Ash who is it?" someone called, coming through to the kitchen and raising his eyebrows.

"Lane, this is Calum, one of my friends. She's one of Katie's friends,"

"Oh, nice to meet you," he smiled, "aren't you a bit cold?"

"A little,"

"Come through the the living room them, we have the fire on,"

"Did you fall over?" Calum asked, looking at Ashton when I nodded, "we can clean the cut up for you,"

This time, Calum led me through the house to a room with two other people. Judging by the conversation, I assumed they were all doctors.

"This is Lane, one of Katie's friends," he said, putting a blanket on top of my when I sat down.

"Did that hurt you?" one of them asked, "I'm Luke, this is Michael,"

"No,"

"Alright, let's clean this up then. Would you like to take a shower upstairs?" Ashton said, sitting beside me.

"Yes please,"

"You know where everything is. Can you come downstairs after, please?"

He carefully cleaned the cut on my head, everyone's eyes on me.

"I'm sorry I've made everything dirty, it was muddy,"

"I can wash it, go and shower,"

I nodded and started the climb upstairs, taking my time because I was in agony. My stomach was covered in bruises, and my back had scratches on.

They'd got mad while cooking today, and I was thankful that the knife only cut my forehead. My neck was sore from being pushed down, and they'd given my hip a good wallop.