Doctor (imagine for Mcgirlygirl200)

I sat at the back of the classroom, struggling to read the board. The words merged together, making my stomach feel worse.

I'd drank a whole bottle of water and needed to pee so bad, yet I was still ridiculously thirsty. This had been happening for a week now, but today was for sure the worst. My eyes could hardly stay open, my head hurt and my whole body felt weak.

"Anastasia, head off the desk," sir said, my head disagreeing with the movement. I felt dizzy, and regretted not eating breakfast.

My head found its way back to the desk and as we were packing up, sir came over.

"Are you not feeling too good?"

"I think I'm gonna pass out,"

"I'm gonna try and get the nurse in here, stay in your seat,"

I heard him calling someone, but before they'd even come, I passed out.

"Here she comes," someone's voice said, a familiar chuckle filling the room.

It stunk. It was bright. It was cold.

"Open those pretty eyes for me Ana,"

Luke.

I blinked, stretching my body and meeting four pairs of eyes. I recognised one as Calum because he'd come over with Luke once, but had no clue about the others.

Our parents were best friends, so when we were younger he always used to look after me. He was like a brother.

"You had a nice little nap ay?"

"What's wrong with me?"

"Well that's what we're here to work out," another said.

"That's Ashton, and Michael who are just general doctors, and that's Calum whose paediatric like me,"

"Where's mum?"

"She's coming in a bit, she said you're safe with me,"

"Am I?" I joked, fake anger coming across his face as he tackled me into a hug. I sighed and wrapped my arms round him.

"You're never missing a checkup again on his watch," Michael laughed.

"Well the bloodwork could've told us something important!"

"So we need you to pee in this cup,"

"That's a lot easier for you, and good cos I need a wee,"

"How much did you drink that lesson?" Ashton wondered.

"A bottle of water,"

They raised their eyebrows and gave me a cup, Luke keeping me steady on the way to the bathroom.

"We need to take a blood test, and I want to test your blood sugar,"

"Oh. This is actually serious," I said quietly.

"Don't worry. You're in good hands, and I'll help you outside work whenever I can,"

I went to the toilet and gave him back the cup, anxiously sitting back on the bed. Ashton rested his hand on my back, putting his arm round my shoulder as I leant back.

"I don't feel too good,"

Michael smiled sadly and grabbed something out the drawer, Calum sitting next to me as I sat back.

"Your mum is almost here, can you let us do a blood test?"

"Can you hold my hand?"

"Of course," he smiled, Ashton typing something up in the computer. Michael wiped my arm and put a tie round it, carefully slipping a needle into the vein.

I winced and looked at Calum, suddenly feeling light headed again.

"Cal,"

"Keep your head up and eyes open,"

But they were already shut.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, at least we know now,"

"Is it my fault?"

"It couldn't have been stopped, your sister has it and it can run in the family,"

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"She's listening to us right now," he chuckled, gently rubbing my shoulders, "open your eyes Ana,"

I reached for his hand, which he took, and slowly opened my eyes. Mum sat next to the bed too, smiling when I looked at her.

"Did you eat breakfast this morning?" she asked, taking my other hand.

I shook my head and looked down to see a gown on me.

"Anastasia," she sighed.

"It's ok, she wouldn't have known," Luke interrupted, "It sounds scarier than it is, and is manageable with our help, but you have type 1 diabetes,"

I scrunched my face up and lifted his hand to my head, hoping it would cool it down.

"Your body struggles to control the levels of sugar in your blood, so you'll have to take insulin shots and keep track of what you're eating,"

"That's why I'm feeling sick?"

"Yeah, it's gonna be ok," he said.

I shook my head and he wrapped his arm round my shoulder, squishing my cheeks together in an attempt to make me laugh.

"It will be. I'll help you, you've always got me,"

**
@Mcgirlygirl200