Doctor (imagine for braidedukulele)

"Hemmings, you okay?"

"Mhm," I hummed, "I'm Irwin too,"

"That was a pretty hard slam on your wrist there darling," coach said, "tell your dads for me ay?"

Everyone was collecting their bags, so I got mine,slinging it over my left shoulder whilst holding my right arm to my shoulder. Dad had always told me do that if something was broken- which my wrist probably was.

I got changed as best as I could, going outside to be carpark.

However, when I saw the two of them in our car, dressed up nicely, I knew we were going out for tea.

I couldnt even get an ice pack.

"Good practice?"

"It was okay,"

"Luke was getting impatient, you took a while getting changed,"

"Sorry,"

When it was the three of us, I used their first names because it was easier. They were both equally my dad, so I didn't want to call one dad and not the other, but also didn't want them both to be confused.

"Well, we are gonna go out to eat tonight. I hope you're not too sweaty," Ashton laughed, passing me back perfume.

"Why are we eating out?"

"To celebrate your exams,"

"Oh, we can just got home and eat pizza. I'd much prefer that,"

"But I got all dressed up," Luke pouted, "wait- why am I begging my own daughter to still do plans I'm in charge of,"

"Because you know I'm right,"

"Erin, why are you holding your arm up like that?"

"Hm? Oh, I just got distracted. My wrist kinda aches after all my practice,"

"Do you enjoy it still?"

"Yeah, it can just hurt sometimes,"

"Let me hand a look," he said, tucking his hair behind his ear.

"No,"

"Erin," Ashton warned, pulling over incase we turned round, "let us look,"

"It's hurts though!"

"Which is why we should look. You've known us forever, we wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt you,"

They both gently took my hand, Luke holding it while Ashton felt round the bone. I started to cry, being hugged by the two.

"Cal will help, Michael might be there too,"

"They're gonna murder me,"

"No they won't,"

We carried on driving, only past the restaurant and towards the hospital. I dreaded the place, and despised how the two smelt after their work day. It was impossible to hug them once they came home.

Luke took my hand on the way in, Ashton making it clear to the receptionist that we needed Calum and Michael.

"Dad," I said quietly, "I'm scared,"

"It's okay, I'll be there,"

"Come on poppet, lets go,"

Ashton looped arms with me and we went to the radiology department, getting several painful x-rays done.

"You're being brilliant, we'll get some painkillers soon,"

I shook my head as we went into Michael's exam room, the two others waiting. Luke took a seat, and Ashton stayed with me.

"Why didn't you tell your coach?" Calum fired.

"Sorry,"

"Or your dads?"

"They're gonna find out sooner or later," Michael sighed, gently taking my wrist, "we'd rather it be sooner,"

"Dad," I whined.

"They have a fair point,"

"You have a nasty break," Calum said, showing us on the computer, "you need a cast,"

"No volleyball until this is off,"

"Owwww," I groaned, hitting my head on dad's shoulder and starting to cry.

"Hey, hey, it's okay,"

"You just can't hide things from people babygirl," Calum said, "because it will just get worse,"

"Luke," I mumbled, feeling him by dads side.

"You're okay," he assured, "we can sit and watch a film later,"

"I feel stupid,"

"You're not stupid," Michael said softer, "you do need to be careful though. Volleyball shouldn't do this,"

"Well," I argued, "it kinda does,"

Dad poked my side and I laughed, lifting my now casted arm.

"I'm sorry I ruined our meal,"

"You've not, we can still go if you want?"

"I'm too tired,"

Luke wrapped his arms round me, kissing the top of my head as dad signed some papers.

"Don't test the limits of the cast," Calum reminded, patting my back, "I don't want to come round and see it falling apart,"

"Ugh, he's coming round?"

"You're such a little,"- "we'd better get off," Ashton smiled, leading me out the hospital.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Been better,"

"Well you're brave, and what they said was true but we know you just wanted to not cause hassle,"

"Sure," I hummed, "definitely why,"

"Sorry?"

"Nothing," I sighed, "Can we still get pizza?"

"Fine, but don't go breaking more bones for pizza,"

"It's not worth that,"

"Ash, order it for us,"

"Why me?"

"Because I'm driving,"

"I'll do it," I offered, "just don't argue, I still want my film tonight,"