Doctor (imagine for southerngirl212)

"Rachel, you need to wake up now,"

I groaned, coughing as I shrunk back into the covers. Whoever it was felt my forehead, before brushing the hair from my face.

"You've gotta wake up,"

"No," I croaked, pushing their hand away.

It was most likely Ash or Michael, because Calum wouldn't have woken me up. If I needed sleep, I got the sleep.

And I needed it today.

My throat felt like it'd been stung by hundreds of bees, and my eyes felt puffy. Every muscle in my body ached, and I felt freezing.

I rarely got sick either, and I didn't know why the person didn't realise. My boyfriend and two older brothers were the closest people to me.

"She's not awake yet?" I heard Calum ask, making me reach my hand out which he took.

"She's awake, she just doesn't want to be. Come on,"

I cracked my eyes open a little and saw everyone in front of me, Ashton rubbing his thumb up and down my cheek.

"I'm not sure she doesn't want to, I don't think she can," Michael frowned, "You look sick,"

I sniffed and rubbed my eyes, curling into the cover even more.

"No, you're really hot," Ashton mumbled, easily pulling the cover away.

"I'm cold,"

"I'm ringing Luke," Michael said, Calum climbing into the bed behind me and wrapping his arms round my waist.

"When did you start feeling sick?"

I shrugged and rolled over so my head was in his chest. He had a hoodie on, and it smelt of his aftershave. It always comforted me, because it meant he was around or that I got to wear his hoodies- both were great.

Gently, he wrapped his arms round me and rubbed my back until Michael came back.

"We're gonna visit Luke,"

"No,"

"Come on," Ashton said, ruffling my hair, "because I'm sure you feel just as bad as you look,"

"Still beautiful though," Cal whispered, kissing my forehead before helping me up. Someone put my shoes on for me, and steadied me upright.

My head pounded so I leant back onto Calum, relying on his weight entirely as we went downstairs.

Ashton helped me into the car and gave me a bottle of water, then Calum sat next to me.

"I don't wanna see Luke,"

"Well you need to," Michael said stubbornly, "even if it's just for some medicine,"

"That's a waste of time,"

"Someone's woken up," Ashton grumbled, "let us be big brothers and look after you,"

"I only live with you so I can study,"

"And because you love us,"

"No I love Cal,"

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, opening my water and passing it to me. I didn't want it, and almost pushed it away but he only had good intentions.

"Rachel, I know you're sick, but you're gonna go in there and let Luke do his job. I don't want loads of fuss over nothing,"

"Ash," Michael warned, "if she's nervous, or even just feeling sick, she isn't gonna like it. Let her be,"

I groaned and curled into Calum's body, letting him help me out the car. A tear slid down my cheek because I felt so sick, but he wiped it.

Suddenly, I felt guilty because I knew how much he hated seeing me upset. He always did everything he could do to make me feel better.

"You're okay," he reminded, "they only want what's best for you,"

"At least Luke's nice,"

"Well that's a change from this morning, I've had kids screaming at me that I'm evil,"

I jumped, hearing Luke's voice behind me. Ashton and Michael visibly relaxed, following him to an exam room.

Calum guided me through the door and sat on the bed with me, holding my thigh and tracing patterns on it.

"You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here," Luke smiled, "sit up straight for me,"

I groaned and shook my head, a small sob escaping my lips.

"Come on Rachel," Michael encouraged, "I know it sucks,"

Cal sat me up and Luke slipped a stethoscope under my top, telling me when to breathe.

He slipped a tool into my ear and I shrugged him off before Calum held my shoulders, Luke announcing I have a fever.

"You must be feeling awful sweetheart," Luke sighed, looking in both my ears, "open up for me,"

He got a stick and pushed my tongue down, making me gag as he checked my throat.

"How long has that hurt you?" he asked, gently feeling under my eyes.

I understood why he was going quick, but it was overwhelming. One thing after another, and I'd barely breathed.

Shrugging, I watched him get something out the cupboard. Cal immediately pulled my body to his side while Ashton took both my hands.

Michael blew me a kiss but I just closed my eyes and buried my head in Calum's shoulder. Someone lifted my sleeve and Luke wiped down my arm.

"Don't tense," he said, tapping my arm, "Come on love,"

I tried to relax my arm but it didn't work.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked.

"I want Michael,"

"You're so cute," Calum laughed, letting go of me so Michael could so there instead. He gently pulled arm into position and turned my head away, Luke wiping it again.

"Alright, deep breath for me Rachel,"

I felt the sting but it wasn't even bad, Michael helping me off the bed.

"Let her sleep whenever she needs to, but I don't suggest loads of naps otherwise you won't sleep at night,"

"We can watch a film," Calum offered, "Come on, let's get you back in bed,"

**
@southerngirl212