Not again (46)

Ten years later....

"JAKE WILLIAM HERONDALE, GET YOUR ARSE DOWN THESE STEPS NOW!" Clary shouted at the top of her lungs. She sighed as she leant on the counter top. She'd had about four hours sleep since Jace had been called out on apparent 'demon' matters, leaving Clary to deal with there sixteen year old stroppy son and their ten year old daughter. Clary could practically feel the floor
Moving as Jake stropped about upstairs. Seemingly unhappy about being called down. With her head in her hands Clary didn't notice the sudden presence in front of her.
"Yeah?" Jake asked with a frown as Clary lifted her head and smiled. He was beautiful. With her emerald green eyes, if not brighter and Jace's silky blonde hair. He had his hair cut shorter though and styled critically. He was some what taller than her and was already covered in muscle.
"Robyn called, said something about you being late for rope practice?sounds fun" she said jokingly and smiled as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.
"Yeah mom, because you never had to practice". At this Clary's smile dropped. It had been a while since she was reminded of sebastian. And each time seemed to bring on more nausea than anything else. But being brought back to the fights they'd had. Especially in his house made her feel sick. The need to run being stronger than anything else. She had always wanted a brother, and now. She had one. Logan was just past nine and him and Charlotte had become best friends before either of them was capable of walking. He was such a sweet little brother who was obsessed with Clary and always wanted to visit. To hug her with his small sweet hands and his slightly round face and rumpled black hair. He had got most of Luke's looks and was in most ways, a near exact look alike. And it always brought a smile to Clary's face any time she thought of him.
"No i can honestly say, i never used to train with ropes. I used the cross beams, and that was about it for heights" Clary said wonderingly as Jake just looked at her like she was crazy.
"You never once, even. Actually it doesn't matter, your old anyway" he said cheekily and reached past her for a banana.
"You might be able to sweet talk your dad, but your still a kid Jake. And even if i have to use a stool, i can still knock you down a level" Clary said back just as jokingly as she stood up properly. "Now go get your sister up, she has training as well. So it looks like momma bear is coming to watch you two work" she said with an innocent grin as Jake groaned.
"Fine, but dad should of let me come hunting with him, i'm not sure i can spend all day surrounded by girls" he said whilst pointing a finger at her intimidatingly. "You know, girl Cuties and all" he said whilst pulling back and before Clary could get a snarky come back out, he'd already reached the end of the kitchen. And began his decent up the steps.

"For the tenth time Lottie, your not having pizza for breakfast" Clary said as she pushed a bowl of cereal across the table towards her.
"Why not? Daddy eats pizza for breakfast!" And Clary mentally sighed as she remembered coming downstairs to face Jace, feeding a ten year old girl pizza, whilst he sat there smugly and shovelled pizza down himself as well.
"Yeah well, daddy's the cool parent. I'm the practical parent that try's not to get you killed" Clary said as she passed Jake a bowl across the table as well.
"Mommy's sarcastic, and some times funny" Charlotte said whilst looking deep in thought. Clary smiled as she took in her small daughter. Charlotte was already stunning. With Jace's bright blonde hair reaching just below her shoulders. And a set of her brothers stunningly green eyes. She was always happy and even though Clary was her mom, she also seemed completely occupied with Jace. Only coming to Clary when she had fallen over or Jace had been mean to her.
"When do we go mommy?" Charlotte asked whilst dipping her fingers into her cereal and chasing her Cheerios round the bowl.
"When you've eaten, all of that" Clary said with a small laugh. She loved her kids and Jace. And hoped everything could stay like this in the future.

Jake smiled as he and his mother and sister stood inside the small lift. Jake reached out eagerly and pressed for the first floor. It always made his day when he got to see Robyn and today was no different. He had often wondered why he'd got butterflies whenever talking to her, but by just looking at Robyn it made your day. He turned to face his mom when he heard a sniffle, and could see Charlotte buried into the fabric around her neck. Clary smiled helplessly at him whilst rubbing her back helpfully. Jake had often found it weird when Charlotte didn't like lifts, he'd often thought she was faking it. But her fear seemed real. And Jake felt sorry for her every time they had to make the small journey into the main institute.

The familiar ping pulled Jake from his thought. Almost before the doors were open Jake was barging out. Hurriedly pacing down the hall until he found the entrance to the training hall. He smiled as he pushed the door open and his heart did a little flip as he saw Robyn. She was lying in the middle of the gym with her eyes closed. Jake knew she wasn't asleep but he took the time to look at Robyn closely. She was tall, with a beautiful toned body and deep tanned skin. She also had thick hair running below her shoulders, that any man would want to run their fingers through.
"Stop staring Jake or i'll do something i'll regret" she said angrily as she opened her eyes and turned her head to face him. Jake suddenly realised he'd been staring at her for a good ten minutes and had no excuse for it. But as always, his farther's side of him seemed to do all the talking in this kind of situation.
"Like catching a sexual disease?" Jake asked smugly as he smiled sweetly at her. She rolled her deep set blue eyes and began to get to her feet.
"I swear to god, if i hadn't of known you all my life i'd of tried to hang you at least twice" she said back bitterly as she began to rubble through the bag of training equipment.
"I'm into the whole being choked thing" Jake said with a laugh as she carried on searching and ignored him. "Your late as it is Jake, so shut up and help me set this up" she said back with a sigh as she carried on rummaging through the bag.

Robyn had been watching Jake tie up the ropes for almost an hour now and she still couldn't help but admire him. He was very pretty, but the only down side to that was every other girl in Brooklyn seemed to agree. He was always out with girls and bragging about it afterwards, but he didn't seem to understand just how handsome he was. With his dirty blonde hair and shimmering emerald green eyes. He had very defined jaw lines and his body was covered in muscle. The marks lining his arms also didn't help to keep him on low profile. All together he was sexy, something any girl would dream of having, but Jake never seemed to see her the same way. She had come to accept the fact that he thought of her like a sister, he didn't seem to take anything seriously either. The only thing he was protective about was his family. Especially charlotte. She was almost a carbon copy of Jake but in a females body. She was going on ten now and was obviously going to be beautiful, with Jake's same hair and eyes. Robyn was broken from her thoughts though as the door opened and Jace stood in the way, staring at Jake proudly as he watched him swing from above and secure the ropes. As soon as Jake heard the door open he turned his attention to his farther and immediately dropped to the ground. Almost running up to his father and throwing his arms around him the way men do. Jace was also very pretty. With all of Jake's looks apart from bis hair was slightly longer and blonder, and his eyes were golden not green. The green eyes were Clary's. Jake's mother, she was very nice and somehow seemed to keep Jace's and Jake's foul tempers and jokes under control. Hats off to her Robyn though with a smile.
"Dad, why the fuck didn't you bring me?" Jake asked as he pulled back on his grip.
"Your sixteen Jake, and i wasn't doing anything interesting" he said, but he sounded somewhat distracted.
"Where's your mom Jake" Jace asked, worry slightly glinting in his eye.
"She wen't to see Maryse. She said she wouldn't be long" Jake said slowly. Taking in his farther's expression. But before Jake could say another word Jace turned on his heel and jogged from the room. Leaving a panicky looking Jake behind. Staring at the closed door in worry.

"What do you mean they want us back?" Clary asked in disbelief. She'd sent Charlotte off after her big brother when the door to the kitchen burst open and Jace had demanded to talk to her 'alone'. So here she was. Stood in the empty kitchen listening to Jace frantically talk about what last night was about and how the Clave wanted another 'meeting' with them.
"Clary i know we can't turn them down, but what about Charlotte. And Jake, he might think he's grown up but even Jake can't look after Charlotte while were gone?" He asked and Clary stayed quiet for a long time. There was no way she would go away to Idris and leave Charlotte alone with Jake. The boy was about as mature as a slice of home cheddar. And she knew full well that if he was left here in the institute he would have a party. But the fact of leaving Robyn wouldn't even be a choice maker for him. Wherever he went. She went. Clary had grown used to that fact a long time ago. And she knew at the end of the day there would be only one solution. But non of them would like it.
"There going to have to attend the school in Idris until were done" Clary said ruefully as she took a gulp. This would be fun to explain to her kids.

----

Guys ik ik. I haven't updated in sooo long. But work and school have been effecting me lot. So sorry if this work isn't up to scratch. And PLEASE tell me what you think or Robyn and Jake. My opinion. JAKE IS FITTTT :D... Just me?? Okk. Awkward c: