Time to wake up (27)

Jace woke sharply as he heard a bang from the corner of the room, he looked up hoping to see Clary's stunning green eyes staring back, but instead he came face to face with Jocelyn. "Shit" she said as she picked up the bowl that she had knocked off of the table in the corner of the room. "I didn't mean to wake you, i mean thats the happiest iv'e seen you in a long time" she said with a lazy smile. "It's fine" Jace said politely. He and Jocelyn weren't close friends but she had certainly warmed up to him when he had showed that he wasn't going hurt her and that their love was long term. "Have a good dream?" She asked quizzically before moving to a seat next to the table in the corner of the small room, "not really" he said with a shrug and she smiled, "whats a good dream these days anyway?" She asked with a shrug. "Girls" Jace said smiling and this earned him a scowl from Jocelyn. "I hope your just on about my daughter" she said whilst eyeing him, "who else?" He asked with a genuine smile. "I wish she were in more of my dreams, they'd get a lot more steamy" he said whilst his smile widened. "Eww i do not want to know what you two get up to thank you" she said whilst pulling a face. "Oh yeah, well how about you and Luke? I mean we all know Clary doesn't wake up early, so for her to be out of bed and in the art room must of been magic". He said with a wink, "don't worry, the secrets safe with me" he added with a salute. "I have no idea what your on about" she said whilst looking away so he couldn't see her blush. "Whatever you say" Jace said with a smile before settling back in his chair.

Clary felt a sudden pain in her leg, she was about to move when she heard voices. "I'll have you know, i just wanted to get her out of bed, she's far too lazy" a voice said. And she's know that voice anywhere, it was her mom. "Yeah get her out of bed so it wasn't occupied" another voice said, this one was deep and smooth, Jace. "Well i bet you've done worse" she said with a small laugh. "I have no idea what your on about" Jace said, and there was an edge of humour to his tone. "Yeah because that speedo was totally meant for bath time" Clary said as she opened her eyes. Her voice sounded rough and tired and even opening her eyes seemed to hurt. "CLARY!" Jace screamed as he ran over to her and engulfed her in a hug. "Owww" Clary said as he lifted her into a sitting position. "Shit sorry" he said, his voice muffled by her hair as he let go. She propped herself up on the bed. A throbbing pain was going through her leg, she tried to remember the last thing she had done, but after drawing the portal her mind seemed blank. Her mom rushed over to her and pushed a cup to her lips. "Drink" she said sternly as she tipped the cup upwards. Clary drank about a mouthful before she had to stop, she coughed and rested her head back against the bed. "How do you feel?" Jace asked with concern as he looked at her trying to stay conscious. "Like i was ran over twice by a lorry" she said with a small smile. "That bad huh?" Jace asked and Jocelyn hit him on the head. "I swear it's just your boys" she said to clary as she sat on the edge of the bed. Clary yelped in pain as even the smallest movement seemed to hurt her leg, "are you ok?" Her mom asked whilst running her hands over Clary's face. "My leg" Clary said as she tried to move it and couldn't. "Mom?" She said as she started to panic. "Well that tends to happen when one gets themselves stabbed" she said un-sympathetically. "We will be having words about that later by the way" she said as she moved towards the door. "But i will let you two have your fun for now" she said as she slipped back out the door.

Clary opened her eyes after her mom left. "I don' remember being stabbed" she said with a smile as she pulled the bed covers back to reveal her legs. Her left one was covered by a bandage and she could see the trail of blood running down from her thigh. "Clary thats not funny" Jace said as he got up from the chair and went to his knee's next to the bed. "I was so worried, if anything had of happened to you or the baby, i.." And he chocked. Clary could see how badly he was holding tears back. "I don't know what i would of done" he finished as he carefully moved her hands away from her leg and kissed the part of flesh un covered by bandage just above her thigh. Clary suddenly relaxed and her face softened. "I know Jace" she said soothingly as she stroked his hair like she would do to Jake. "It wasn't your fault, i wanted to go" she said, trying to calm him down, she could tell he had kicked off and that him joking with Jocelyn was just an act, his shield was breaking now and Clary was the only person who could fix him. "But i let you go" he said as he leaned into her hand. "We got simon back, wait! Simon!" She said as she tried to get up, only to scream in pain as she moved her leg" "wow!" Jace said as he grabbed her by the waist and lowered her back down. "He's fine, we got him back, and Izzy is so happy for that, she practically killed rue when she wouldn't let us see you" he said smiling protectively. "Who's rue?" Clary asked quizzically. "The warlock who did surgery on you, iratze's can't heal fairy magic" he said whilst tucking her back into bed. " i was in surgery?" She asked with a frown. " yes Clary, you nearly died, you both did" he said putting a hand carefully on her stomach. "I... I'm sorry" she said whilst putting a hand to his cheek and brushing at his cheekbone. "Don't be" he said covering her hand with his. "I let you go, i should be the one saying sorry" he said whilst looking away. "Stop doing this" she said pleadingly. "Doing what?" He asked with a frown. "Blaming yourself, i wanted to go and if i hadn't you would be dead right now, all of you would, what happened to me was a small price for everyones lives, you have nothing to blame yourself for. Everyones ok" she said as she shifted in bed to make room for him. He carefully sat down next to her and stretched his legs out before he lay down and pushed Clary down next to him. She rested her head on his chest and listened to his breathing steady. "I love you so much" he said as he bent down and kissed her jaw. Then her cheekbone. And then rested his lips near to hers. She pushed upwards but he pulled away sharply. "Your such a tease" she said playfully as she hit his chest lightly. "And you love it" he said laughing slightly, which vibrated through her. "I should of kept sleeping" she said rolling her eyes and then closing them. Just as she was drifting to sleep she felt warm lips on hers. Before she could reply with her own kiss, he pulled away. "Sleep first" he said sternly but softly. "Oww but Jacee....." She whined like a toddler. "If you will insist on hurting yourself then i insist on choosing when we can kiss" he said whilst leaning back into the bed himself. "Thats hardly fair" she said with a scoff. "Get used to it" he said whilst yawning. "I imagine we will be doing a lot less kissing for now" he said almost sadly which made Clary smile. "Depends how good you are" Clary said and she heard Jace laugh next to her. "Night Clary" he said and she didn't bother to reply, she was too tired to. And for the first time in a while, she had a worry free sleep.