Can't give up (15)

Clary couldn't help it, as soon as she burst through the doors she ran straight for the toilets. She crashed into the girls room and began to violently throw up. She really didn't miss this about being pregnant. But she couldn't help but wonder. Why did Jia want her back so desperately, surely whatever she had to say could of been passed on to her. She sighed as she sat on the floor in the lady's room, she covered her face with her hands and didn't move for what must of been forever.

All of a sudden there was a large bang and Clary moved her hands to see her son smiling cheekily up at her. "Jake!" She said as she stood up and pulled him into a big hug. "Sowwy mommy i know this is the giwrly's room but i needed a wee and the people that have been helping me with the train wouldn't let me go" he said whilst trying not to cry. "I'm not mad sweetie you do what you gotta do and we will go back in a minute" she said smiling at her son who bounced off into a cubicle, seriously sometimes she thought Jace had been teaching him a little too well, she wondered when anyone would actually notice he is missing and panic. But that thought brought her happiness it would be good to see the Clave panic for a change. Jake bounced out of the toilet and held his hand out for Clary who shook her head in disgust, "hands" Clary said as he smiled to her cheekily. "I bet daddy doesn't wash his hands" he said wrinkling his nose at the flower smelling soap on the side of the sink. That thought filled Clary with worry, what if he didn't. Eww she couldn't think about that in the middle of a toilet. "Of course he does" Clary said hoping that what she was saying was true. "Real gentlemen wash their hands". Clary said whilst pulling out some tissue paper for him to dry his hands on. It was cute watching him jump for the tissues, it reminded her that he would always be her little boy. He snorted slightly and snatched the tissue out of her hands. "Mommy i could of done that myself" he said frowning at her. "I know little man but i was just helping you out" she said whilst taking his once again out stretched hand. "Where's daddy?" Jake said whilst trying not to trip up on his shoes that were untied. "He's still at the meeting pal, come on lets get you back to others" she said and then as an after thought added. "Wait lets tie your shoe first" she said bending down, Jace had taught their five year old how to act like a teenage shadow-hunter, but he still couldn't understand the basics like tying your shoes. Typical Herondale boys.

She began to tie his shoe with concentration when she heard a noise behind her, as quick as a flash she swung round and came face to face with emma!. "Ema?" Clary asked confused and Emma only smiled, "did i scare you?" Emma asked. Clary smiled slightly and stood up squeezing Jake's hand to tell him it was ok. "Yes" clary said whilst walking up to her. "You have grown so much" Clary said as she pulled emma who was now slightly taller then her into a hug. "You haven't" Emma said whilst pulling back. "Nice start with the small jokes " clary said whilst turning and picking up their son. "So this is the famous Jake Herondale" emma said whilst smiling at Jake who was hiding slightly in his moms hair. "Yes" clary said pulling her head back so Jake was out of her hair. "This is my very overactive five year old yes" Clary said whilst pulling at her sons shirt That was slightly off balance. "Look it was nice to meet you" she said to Jake and then turned to Clary as though not to worry Jake. "Umm Clary we have a certain situation in the hall" she said coughing as though to inform her that it was urgent. "What is it?" Clary asked starting to worry. "It's about Jace" she said whilst moving her gaze to Jake. "What!" Clary asked as she put her son down. "Is he ok?" She asked as she began to walk to the hall. "Yes he's fine but i wouldn't go in with him" she said pointing to Jake who snorted. "I cwan look after mwyself" Jake said proudly which made Clary smile. "God he's as stubborn as Jace" she said smiling until clary pulled her close and intertwined her hand with Jake's. "yeah well he is your little Jake to look after for a while, take him back to the cresh for me and tell them that next time they should keep a closer eye on overactive five year olds called Jake" Clary said whilst practically turning and running down The hall, leaving a shocked looking Emma attached to a giddy looking Jake behind.

"Stop" Clary screamed as she slammed through the doors of the main hall just in time to see one of the guards slam the butt of his seraph blade into the back of Jace's head, driving him to the floor. No one turned to look at her but Jace. He turned his head and mouthed something to her. That sounded like move, but move from what. She was about to run towards him when someone dived onto her and slammed her into the ground. "Mrs herondale please don't resist" someone mumbled in her ear but all she could think of was the unwinding pain in her stomach. All of a sudden the force on her back was ripped off her and she looked up to see Jace, red faced and bleeding. "Clary are you-" and just as he was about to finish the guard that had held me down punched him hard in the side if the face and he fell to the floor next to me, his body limp. "Please ma'am don't resist" he repeated as he tried to pull her to her feet but she crumpled over in pain. "You idiot" she said as tried to lift herself "i'm pregnant" she shouted angrily at him which got the attention of most people. Including her mother. And then the world went blank as pain blinded her sight and she fell into darkness.