The clave (14)

"Your kidding with me!" clary said as she started to unpack their bags, "men" her mom chuckled as she looked at what Jace and Jake had packed. she forgot to check Jake's bags and to tell Jace to check them, so his bag consisted of a 'lot' of trains and his train tracks, and two pairs of pants and a top which Jocelyn seemed to think was funny. "better then what Jace packed" she said laughing whilst lifting a pair of what could only be described as speedo's. "what goes through their heads. seriously mom i had to stop them both pouring orange juice into their cereal the other day, and the scary part was it was Jake's idea! Jace just went along with it" she said whilst sighing and sitting on their bed in the spare room in the pen-hallows house. Jace and Jake had been put into another bedroom which clary imagined was going to send Jace into an anger fit. Her mom laughed and wrapped a hand around clary's shoulders. "i am a mom too you

Know" she said as she pried clary's hands off her face. "I brought spare cloths for Jake because well i kind of expected this but Jace... well he's your issue" she said as she got up of the bed and laughed quietly before she walked out the door and closed it behind her. What was she going to do with her two boys. at least when she has a little girl she might more orderly. but to be the fair that thought didn't make her happy. she was happy to see a messy well loved family, that was the family she loved. she smiled sweetly to herself before zipping the suitcases back up and heading out the door as well. she would wait for them in the living room with everyone else.

Clary had been sat listening to idle chit chat mainly about aline and Helen for about forty minutes before Jace strolled into the house carrying a laughing Jake on his shoulders. "Mommy" Jake squealed as he tried to dive off Jace's shoulders. who just gripped him more tightly.they both looked like a pair of

Idiots but she didn't care the were her idiots. "So this is Jake" mrs. pen-hallow said as she rose from her chair and so did everyone else. Clary's heart began to quicken as Jake was suddenly swarmed by people. all the people staying with pen-hallows had been waiting to see him and clary knew they meant good. but this was her little boy and she would do whatever it took to protect him. "It's ok" clary heard Jace say as he put his hands on her shoulders. "he's fine" he said again but this time more closely in her ear making her shudder. "i know" clary said as she spun to face Jace. "you have a lot of explaining to do" she said smiling as she walked back up the stairs. giving one last glance at a laughing Jake who had began to climb Luke.

"So what" Jace said as he grabbed the speedo's out of clary's hand. "We might of needed them". he said smiling at clary who rolled her eyes playfully. "well your skinny dipping alone my little friend" she said as she headed back towards the door. regretting leaving their son alone downstairs. "Clary leave him, he's having fun and your stressing over nothing". he said sighing and walking towards Clary. "i know" clary said as she reached for the door handle, only to be stopped by Jace who smiled lazily down to her. "i need time with you" he said as his smile dropped. "you didn't come with me and Jake earlier. are you sure your alright?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around clary's waist."i'm fine Jace i just didn't want to come" she said sounding more harsh then she intended. "i know clary but trust me there was no other way, seriously if you don't smile i will have to make you" he said putting a playful smile on. "oh really?" Clary said as she readied her self to open the door and run. "Now now mrs Herondale you wouldn't be trying to run would you" he said taking a step forward, and as soon as he did she leaped for the door. she pulled at the door knob which was locked. wait what! when did he lock the door?. " about five minutes ago" Jace said smiling at her before he picked her up and slung her over his shoulder. "you know i am not going to be sharing a room with Jake right?" he said whilst carrying her over to her spare bed."you also know that we aren't going to fit in that bed" she said arching her eyebrows at the small one person bed. "are you calling me fat?" he asked whilst faking hurt."no, well maybe i don't know" she said whilst giggling on his shoulder. "i have a very nice view of your bottom right now mrs Herondale". He said whilst spinning her round so he could see the bed. "can't we just push two together?" he asked whilst moving his hand slowly up her leg. "take that hand back down and put me down whilst you at it" she said whilst squirming in his grip. "clary clary clary, you know i have a very over active five year old that never sits still, why do you think you would be able to get out of my grasp?" he said laughing slightly which vibrated through clary. she was about to answer when she remembered something and she gasped. "what is it?" Jace said whilst spinning her around. "Put me down" she said sternly and Jace put her slowly down on her bed. "did i hurt you?" he asked whilst running his hands over her stomach. "what" clary said and then realised, he meant the baby, "no" she said and he looked at her quizzically. "what then?" he said whilst gazing at her belly."Magnus told me some good new" she said smiling devilishly at him "is it a boy?" He asked whilst slowly moving his gaze from her stomach to her face. "no" she said like a five year old and couldn't help but let her smile get bigger. "were having a baby girl" she said whilst lulling Jace down to kiss him. his lips crashed against hers with passion. the heat in his lips sent shock waves through clary as she pulled him down more, but to her disappointment he pulled away. "let me see" he said smiling a little more devilishly at her. "You won't be able to see anything" she said sounding confused. "no but i can pretend, plus who doesn't want excuses to lift your top up?" he said as he slid his hand under her shirt and slowly lifted it. "pff you call them abs" he said smiling whilst bending down to kiss her stomach. "I'd like to see you do better" she said looking down at her toned stomach. it did look like she had put some muscle on but she had never noticed. she guessed all the excessive training really did pay off. He smiled weakly at her and started to lift his shirt slowly. just as he did they heard a knock at the door. "time to go you two and Jake wants his daddy" the voice said on the other side of the door. Jace grumbled and got to his feet pulling clary with him. "shall we?" he said whilst extending his arm to her. "i guess we must" she said sighing and taking his arm in hers.

"Why are we here?" one man asked from further down in the crowd. as soon as he said it the hall bust out into shouting. Jace looked over at Clary who was a little pale and he could tell she was uneasy about leaving their son at the nursery, but it had to be done. "quiet" the inquisitor bellowed which made the room once again go silent. "Jia penhallow has requested all of you and so you were all royally invited" he said as he sat down just under the main stage. "with all due respect ma'am why are we here" the man who had first spoke said as he sat down obediently. Jia was about to talk when Clary rose. everyone in the hall looked at her quizzically before she whispered in Jace's ear and walked out towards the main doors to the bedroom area's. "please mrs Herondale be seated" Jia said as she looked worryingly at Clary like she knew something. With this Jace rose from his seat. "she needs the toilet ma'am and i don't think you are one to reject the person that has saved all of our lives countless times" Jace said as he shot Clary a wink and sat back down. "no i am not, but make it quick" she said and with this Clary disappeared through the doors. "are you going to tell us all or not" the first man asked and everyone began to banter quite loudly again. "QUIET" the inquisitor shouted through the hall but this time people did not shut up they kept whispering to each other until Jia stood up. "this news is of the queen of the seelie court" she said and this time everyones heads whipped in her direction, they were all silent at once. "has she declined our offer of a toast?" someone shouted through the crowd. "no" said Jia as she shot Jace an apologetic look. "she has decided to except our offer in return for a meeting with Clary fr- Herondale. supervised by the highest of the clave's men".she said as she dropped her head to the floor.

She wanted a meeting with clary!. his Clary. no way was this going to happen. not whilst Jace was breathing

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A special thank you to sophiepeterson9, brookelynparksmasse,

Livelovefanfic4ever

Catsstage

and perfect1938 for commenting and voting for my story ;) you guys are what i love about writing story's and hopefully with your help i will be able to get a few more viewers. keep awesome guys ;) tmi for life