surprise(3)

hi guys i know the last chapter was a slow gower but this one will deffo make up for it. i like to write long chapters so this story probs won't be short, but it will be very intriguing shall we say ;) thanks to all those who read this dont forget to like and leave a comment i love the feedback and this is my first propper story so. Try to be nice with the critacism ;) oh and i try to make Jace funny but i will never be casandra clare will i :D.

chapter three.

Jace waited for nearly twenty minutes in Clary's room before she walked out wearing an old grey hoodie and black jeans. Jace had to admit it, he was the luckiest person alive. She walked slowly over to Jace and leant over the back of the chair he was sat on. "what an earth is that" clary asked whilst laughing. He looked down at what he had done. he thought it was a pretty good drawing of a bridge, but then again it did look a bit like a dying rabbit if you turned it sideways. "well i apologise your majesty but we can't all be exceptionally gifted at art can we. besides i think it looks just like Simon don't you". he asked generally curious. She let out a small laugh which nearly broke his heart, he loved her smile and would do anything to see her beautiful white teeth again.

"come on" he said grabbing her wrist. "ow" she said playfully.

"where are we going Jace" she asked curiously in the back seat of the taxi "i told Isabelle we would meet her and simon at taki's and then we have training at the institute" she looked up at him and smiled. They had finally moved onto the part of training in which she could use weapons and she was looking forward to ever minute. "Ok" she said with a smile "but don't expect me to take it easy on you sir" she said playfully which made him grin "i wouldn't dream of it" he said smiling as they pulled up outside taki's to find a bored looking simon stood with Isabelle who was examining her nails for cracks and imperfections.

"your late" she said looking at both Clary and Jace. "and" she added angrilly "you sent simon away this morning, what if he was abducted or kidnapped again". she asked whilst shaking her hands back and forth angrily. "i guess" Jace said keeping his cool contained face "that would of been  a tragedy we all would of had to get over" he said with a shrug when clary hit his arm. "what" he said "he was the one who wanted to wake you". he said shrugging again. Clary sighed "yeah but you were the one guarding me" she said smiling at simon, trying to make him aware she was sticking up for him. "that was neccassary" he said sounding kinda annoyed "simons a big boy he would of lived without you". before anyone could say anything else a voice rose from inside the bar. "you guys coming in or yelling in the middle of street for some other reason". everyone turned around to find magnus leaning out the window. of cuse he was leaning out the window. he always wanted to be in the middle of everything.

They sat in the corner booth in silence, no one was talking and Clary could tell Jace was annoyed or worried about something because he had gotten up to talk to Isabelle. He had gone red and was quietly showing Isabelle something that clary couldn't see. As she started to get up Alec grabbed her arm. "leave them" he said pushing her back into her seat. "drink your milkshake they are just having a family argument". he said with a reasuring smile that made Clary think something was siriously off. Before she had time to incline Jace and Isabelle made there way back to the table "nice to see everyone is so talkative today" Jace said whilst sliding into the seat next to Alec and oposite Clary. "ow" alec said pushing on Jace carefully "it's digging into my side Jace switch pockets". Jace kicked Alec under the table causing him to yelp and magnus to laugh. "we should all get going Jace you two have training and umm me and Alec were taking a trip to paris today" he said winking a glittery eye lash as Clary. who smiled back. "ok" Jace said "let's go train".

It was cold in the institute and dark. clary wondered if anyone ever lit the place up properly or just the main area's. As though reading her mind Jace took his leather jacket off and hung it over clary's shoulders. who shrugged it on reluctantly.

Jace walked Clary around the back and past the training room. which was empty and nothing was out. not one matt in sight. "Jace" clary said stopping outside the training room. "aren't we going in" she asked curiously. "no" he said almost imidiatly "well we can but after we take a trip to the green house". he said it as though she had no choice "but Jace". clary said confusingly "we have been out all day you have dragged me everywhere, and it's nearly midnight". she looked up into his sparkling gold eyes. "i know" he said happily " i timed it just right". but before she could anymore questions he met her lips with his own. This sent sparks through clary and she could feel it doing the ame to Jace. they hadn't kissed like this since her moms wedding. and she missed it already. he pulled away too soon and she heard herself gasp in confusion. He just smiled and took her hand in his again and started dragging her towards the greenhouse. "come on Clary" he said in an annoyed tone. "move your little behind" he said whilst grinning down at Clary's bottom. She slapped him on the arm playfully and pushed his head back up to her eyes. "if you hadn't noticed i am up here". she said smiling as sweet a smile as she could manage. "your also down there" he said looking back at her bottom " al lot of you down there". and then he shook his head as though in a trance and pushed her foward towards the greenhouse.

"wow" clary said looking around the green house" i never get tired of seeing this place, She slowly spun in a circle. "so you brought me up here to see this". she asked confused. "no" he said as plainly as only Jace could. "give it a minute and i'll tell you why i brought you up here" he said smiling.. But she could tell comething was wrong. She was about to ask him but at that momment the once dormant flowers bloomed a beautiful array of colours and shot small puffs of pollen into the air making the whole place smell and seem magical. she turned to look at Jace to say she didnt get it but he was slowly getting onto one knee. Before she knew it he pulled out a small box from his pocket. "god" he said rubbing his hand to his face. "izzi said this would be easy. i mean i am not one to get nurvous but well here goes". he said nurvously. his hand shaking slightly,"it's well since i met you i well i can't stop thinking about you. and i don't want to go another day without you, do you understand" he said slowly and all clary could do was nod her head. she had her hands covered over her mouth and tears were slowly making their way down her face. "clary" he said slowly " i guess what i am trying to say is. i will never be happy with anyone but you, i love you more than anything in the world. even pasta" he said laughing. which made clary laugh as well. "will you marry me?". he said rising from one knee.