She's coming (34)

Clary felt a weird cold as she shifted in bed. Realising what it was she grumbled. Jace's side of the bed was empty, and cold. So he obviously hadn't been there for a while. She opened her eyes to find the room still filled with darkness. He hadn't opened the curtains which was a visual hint that he wanted her to stay in bed and rest. But Clary had other ideas. She had scared Jace the other day when she had a false alarm and now he was putting her as close to her bed at all times as she could get. He was smothering her and he knew it. She felt herself sitting up in bed even though she wanted nothing more than to sleep. She was about eight months pregnant now and she could feel the effect it was having on her body. It wasn't the first time she had felt it unfair that men get to have all the fun and non of the hard work or pain. But at least Jace was being sweet about it. He had been doing things for her thinking she wouldn't notice. Like setting her alarm clock back by a fee hours so she could sleep or making Jake's lunch, however badly so she didn't have to. It was moments like them that Clary wanted to cherish and hold onto. She slowly got up from bed and smiled into the mirror. He was huge and most people would be put off by this, but to Clary it was just a sign that her baby girl was healthy. She had to say they had been a lot laid back about this baby's arrival. They hadn't even painted her a room yet. But Jace said he didn't trust Magnus again. Even if the mundane doctor had confirmed it would be a girl. Clary opened their bedroom door and headed in search of ice-cream.

She slowly made her way into the kitchen and smiled. Jace was sat behind a pan and poking at something with a spatula whilst Jake sat impatiently at his bar stool. Playing along the tabletop with his trains. Clary didn't know what age he would grow out of toy trains but with the mess he left around the house she hoped it would be soon.

"What are you doing up?" Jace asked annoyingly as turned back to the pan.

"You can't keep me in bed forever you know, because if you did i find you both starved to death in the night and were carried off by racoons" Clary said as she rounded the table and put her arms around Jace from behind.

"Let me do it" she said calmly and he sighed loudly.

"What kind of dad would i be if i couldn't cook my son bacon?" Jace asked with a smile, but it was clear he was agitated.

"Move it before i make you wear a kiss the cook apron" Clary said with a cheeky smile and Jace seemed to perk up. He walked over to Jake who was so deep in concentration Clary doubted he had not even noticed she had come in. Jace covered his sons ears and smiled at Clary.

"Can it be just the kiss the cool apron?" He asked arching his eyebrows. Clary thought this over for a moment.

"Yes, but only if you tan up those butt cheeks" she said cheekily and he sent her back a daring smile.

"Done" he said seriously and let his hands fall to his sides. Jake looked up then and his eyes widened at Clary.

"Mommy? When did you appear?" He asked and Clary couldn't help but smile at him.

"I came from no where" she said with a poof of her hands. He snorted an carried on playing with his trains.

"Can we go out today?" Clary asked like a child wanting to go to the park.

"Out?" He asked curiously and Clary smiled.

"This one will need a room soon" she said whilst rubbing her belly proudly. She never understood why mothers rubbed their belly's but she did now. It was maternal instincts, she found her hand slipping to rub her belly every time she was zoning out and Jace would just smile at her. It was clear he was proud to be a farther even if he didn't like other kids, he loved his own.

"Yeah sure, but no dragging me into shops just to find the right shade of pink" he said wrinkling his nose up adoringly.

"Our daughter is not into pink" Clary snorted. "She likes deep purple" she said with a mischievous grin, daring him to moan, but to her surprise he just smiled. "Just like her beautiful mother " he said, deep in thought.

"Ok after breakfast" he said with a wink and shot off up the stairs. Most likely to have a shower and make himself look presentable for mundane girls he would never even glance at. But he liked to tease.

The rest of breakfast went by in a blur. Jake eating about the worlds population in bacon and Jace making little shapes out of his toast. She sighed at them both. At least one of her idiots would grow up. She thought looking at Jake and then slid her gaze to Jace. Not so much that one. After they were done eating breakfast and Jace had helped Clary get into some clothes. Which was quite a difficult job when all Jace wanted to do was take them off her again. After about ten minutes of his 'helping' Clary had sent him out, for his pure annoyance and he had shown Up in the room five minutes later telling her she had her own taxi for the day. That meaning simon, it had taken A while since what happened with simon for Jace to even let him in the house again, but after a couple of weeks of grovelling, which she knew Jace wouldn't admit, but he loved. Simon was back in good books. The were sat now in the back of simons SUV. One that was a very bright green and attracted a lot of attention, but simon liked it. So that was that, and the fact that whenever Jace was in it. He slid low in his chair, making sure he wasn't visible through the windows and it was quite funny to see him uncomfortable.

Simon pulled up after about ten minutes of driving and signalled for Jace and Clary to leave.

"And if your not back by half past, your grounded" simon called back after them as they made their way down the centre of town , hand in hand.

"Jackass" Jace muttered but he was smiling.

"Can i help you?" The assistant asked kindly as Jace began to pace the walls. Looking at all the baby cots on offer, occasionally smiling at one he liked. She sighed, knowing that asking him for help would be like pulling her own teeth out with her fingers. So she smiled kindly back at the assistant

"Do you happen to have a deep purple wall colour?" Clary asked with a smile and the assistant smiled back.

"This way" she said motioning to the isle that was full of baby toys and paint. She led Clary to the back of the shop and started going through different colours with her, after some careful thought and preparations, including colour swatches Clary had broken It down to two colours. A pale baby looking purple and a deeper shade of purple, Jace had joined them back about twenty minutes later, looking bored and excited at the same time. He had a rather large box in his hand Clary could tell what it was. A rather fancy looking white cot with baby purple lining on the outside. And in his other hand was a matching roof hanger, made to make the baby sleep. She had found it useless with Jake but it did look attractive.

"I guess it's baby purple then" Clary said looking at the cot flat pack and back to the paint in hand. Jace just smiled at her and was about to answer when Clary felt a sharp pain go through her. She gasped in pain and dropped the paint she had been holding to the ground. The moment it hit the floor Clary got another burst of pain and doubled up.

"Clary. Whats wrong?" Jace asked frantically as he skidded to a holt next to her and tried to hold her.

"The.....baby" Clary panted out between breaths and she saw Jace's face loose it's colour. But he was smiling.

"For real?" He asked as the shop assistant hurried back to the isle she had left Clary in and gasped.

"For real" Clary managed to push out in between short breaths. This was it, she could feel it. She was finally going to have a baby girl.

--------------------------------------

Guys please comment how you found this chapter.. And if your into wolves please read my new series survivors. FOUND THROUGH MY PAGE ;).It's actually quite good not to toot my own horn but i am enjoying reading back what i have written. I have got quite a bit if it out and it is fast going, a lot of action. So please go add that story leave likes and also guys i wanted some recommendations for books i should read or ones you want me to ;) btw i like fast going fictions. And wolves ;) nothing wring with a werewolf :£ thanks for voting *wink wink* and i tried to make this a little longer cuz ik i haven't got many out lately. It's because i have been busy writing survivors. WHICH YOU SHOULD READ *cough cough* ;) well... I love it anyway :D may all the fans stay truthful ;) and exit :£