Together we shall hail (40)

"What?" Jace asked quietly. He could feel his legs giving way as he tried to hold himself together. Alec seemed to see the pain in his eyes as he pulled Jace towards him. He put his hand round the back of Jace's neck and leant in so their heads nearly touched.
"I swear we'll get him back" Alec said sternly and Jace couldn't take it anymore. With a small cry of effort Jace pulled his head back.
"Lets go then" he said as he pushed past Alec and readied himself to dive into the ever shrinking crowd of people. He could see in the distance that tommy was still cutting through the people on the left side of room. Leaving a trail of blood and remnants on the floor. Jace watched fascinatingly as he out powered even the toughest fairy. This guy was strong and someone Jace didn't want to mess around with. Luke and other wolves were fighting in a pack like circle and that also led Jace to think that tommy wasn't in a pack. He took a step forwards and as he did an arrow shot by his head, just skimming his nose. The arrow sailed through the air perfectly. Hitting a man about a hundred yards away square in eye as he advanced on tommy from behind. He flew to the ground in a spray of blood and eery silence. Jace spun expecting to see Alec ready with his bow but almost gasped when he saw Ellie. Stood perfectly with her face pressed against a large bow.
"Flat pack bow you could say" she said with a wicked grin and she raised the bow again and almost impossible to track she hooked an arrow in place and let it fly, not even looking to see if it hit a target.
"Jesus, where'd you learn to shoot like that?" Alec asked admiringly as she followed tommy with her gaze.
"Boy oh boy do i have a lot to teach you lads, lets just say, i'm a survivor" she said as another arrow flew through the air, hitting a woman in a chink between her mesh armour. A spot Jace would of thought almost impossible to hit.
"Look" Jace said angrily, suddenly all he wanted to do was get out there and chase the bastards that took an innocent six year old boy."this is a nice training session and all. But MY SON IS OUT THERE ALONE RIGHT NOW PROBABLY SCARED TO DEATH AND WAITING FOR US!" Jace yelled. He could feel his face getting red and he turned, suddenly not caring if they followed or not. And he smashed his way roughly through the crowd.

Clary paced back and forth as izzy was talking quietly to Jocelyn. Her mother was still gripping charlotte tightly as she slept blissfully, unaware of the chaos that had unfolded. Clary looked back at the crowd of people that had dramatically thinned as people had either been mowed down by fairies or the path of destruction left behind by a wolf. She wondered what was taking Jace so long. He was simply meant to be finding Jake and then returning to the dark quiet corner of the barn where everyone else was. Everyone looked on edge as they sat behind the tables talking quietly or looking into the crowd like Clary had. She was about to spin round and talk to someone when a loud pitched screech filled the room. It sounded like a wounded animal and as Clary
Scanned the room she instantly knew why. The dark brown wolf that had been ripping through the crowd at a killer pace had stopped. Blood smothered the floor where it stood and it looked like it was trying not to pass out. Before anyone could stop her Clary ripped away from the small group and advanced through the crowd towards the wolf. She smashed and elbowed her way past until she had a clear line of sight to the wolf. It wore a loose padded black collar with white lines printed into the design and Clary thought it looked so weird. For a wolf to wear a collar, like it was some sort of pet but before Clary could look any closer the wolf began to change back. Taking on the rumpled figure of a man. A man with dark blue eyes and rumpled brown hair. Tommy. As soon as he changed he slipped onto his knee's. an arrow hooked deep inside the left side of his body above his hips. He was wearing a black spandex suit like a superhero but instead of a superman logo he had the pattern of a paw print in a circle with lines leading from the paw to the circle intriguingly. Clary suddenly understood why he wore the collar. It was a genius invention that from the looks of it, shaped into a collar when he changed and then as he grew human spread back into a suit. He looked up at her as he spoke.
"Fairies...got.. Your boy.. Jace chased carriage" he said and his last words slurred as he began to topple forward. Before Clary could do anything she was harshly shoved out the way and Ellie skidded to her knee's beside him, catching his head as he fell backwards. She lowered his head into her lap and smiled weakly down at him.
"This brings back memories" she said with a smile and toClary's surprise, even with an arrow in him the guy laughed.
"I'm never going to forget you shooting me"he said with a wicked grin and then frowned. "But the bastard who got me with the crossbow Is dead when i get up" he said weakly And Ellie simply rubbed his hair.
"I know sweetie, i know" she said reassuringly and Clary turned so she wasn't facing them. Her face stung with tears as she tried to asses the situation in her head. Jake had been taken by fairies and from the sounds
of it Jace had gone chasing after the carriage that they had arrived in. She sighed as her nerves struck her hard. She couldn't tell her mother or izzy because they would Just try to stop her. So with a grunt of effort Clary began to run towards the door. She was going to find Jace, and together they were going to find their son.

Jace breathed heavily as the horse drawn carriage took another turn to the left. He had been running after the dangerously speeded vehicle for about ten minutes at a flat out run and even his amazing talents were beginning to sink low. He could feel his muscles in his legs burning every time he took another step forward. But he knew every step mattered. The streets were dark and on every turn it seemed to be eerily quiet and creepy. The flickering street lights being the only source of light. He couldn't believe that out of all the people the queen could of chosen to take hostage she had chosen his son. His six year old boy that was as sweet and well behaved as they came. He was always a bubbly person and Jace didn't even want to imagine the possibility of loosing such an amazing person. He looked up as one of the horses in front bucked and shook violently. It struggled until it finally tore free of it's back guard and shimmy gear. Without warning the strong black animal took off down the street to the left and Jace smiled to himself. This was the final chance for his sweaty tired body to catch up to the carriage. Because Jace knew that if he waited any longer the carriage would take off again leaving only a trail of his sons life behind. And he wasn't willing to let that happen. So with a small expression of pain and a violent stitch in his side, Jace pushed off as fast as he could down the dark empty street. Ready for whatever threw itself at him in his desperate attempt to save his sons life.