Life is good, or is it? (8)

Clary stood at the door and readied herself for the chaos on the other side. Jace gave her a reassuring squeeze of his hand before turning his attention back to there baby that he was carrying. clary was starting to regret putting the baby in his arms because since then he hasn't handed their son over once.

"Ready" he asked whilst smiling to their baby boy and playing with his tiny fingers. clary smiled "ready" she said as they both pushed the door open. as soon as the door opened everyone on the other side went quiet. clary looked around maryse and jocelyn were both sat in the corner smiling at them whilst Alec and Magnus rose from their chairs. Magnus with a cheeky grin and Alec who looked shocked at both the baby and 'Jace' who couldn't be careful with anything that was holding something so precious in his arms. and before clary could look at simon and izzy she rose from Simons lap and bounced over to them. "God clary you kept us waiting so long and them two" she said flicking her head towards jocelyn and maryse. "they told us jack shit, well" she added "they told us that both you and the baby were healthy and fine. but really what use is that" she looked over at Jace who never once took his gaze off their beautiful baby boy. "can i hold her?" izzy said quietly to Jace who looked up at her in shock. "that is my little boy your talking about" Jace said smugly. as though suddenly remembering clary flicked her gaze to Magnus "this is going to need some Serious pay back and" she added smugly "you can start with painting his room blue". clary said and smiled to herself. "already done" Magnus said "although". he added "i don't see why he can't keep pink. it would go with his blonde hair i can see there" Magnus said wiggling a finger at the baby. Jace looked up at Magnus. "you have to be kidding" Jace said laughing, Alec walked over to Jace and stood opposite him. "against gay's are we" he said laughing which shut Jace right up. "no" he said "but my boy's gonna be a chick magnet just like me" Jace said with a wink.

Izzy screeched into everyones ears as she looked at Jace. "your gonna have a mini you" she said saying the exact thing clary had been thinking not long ago. Jace looked up at her. "you can't hold him" jace said protectively. "why not" izzy said with a pout. "because" Jace said stroking their sons face lightly "jake is sleeping". he said smiling up at clary who had come up with the name because it reminded her of Jace. "oh come on" izzy said loudly which made jake's eyes open and for him to cry out. "great" clary said pulling her son out of Jace's arms which seemed to really upset him until he realised that it was her pulling their son away. he looked up at clary and smiled as he sat down on the couch next to Luke who smiled at them both. still too say anything. "he has beautiful eyes" luke said for the first time and everyone in the room nodded and crowded around her and the baby. everyone lightly playing with the screeching baby. "can i hold him now" izzy said with a cheeky smile. "ok" clary said at the same time as Jace said "no". clary began to hand over their baby when she felt a hand on her shoulder. she looked up to see Jace staring carefully at izzy. "hold his head more securely" Jace said scowling at izzy. "shut up Jace" izzy said "i have held a baby before". She said whilst smiling at the bundle in her arms. clary had to admit it every time someone picked up their baby or took him away it was like a hole being ripped in her heart.

When everyone had gone Clary and Jace had sat down in the single chair Alec and Magnus had been in. Clary sat in Jace's lap and he wrapped his arms around both clary and their baby. "I love you" Jace said as he lent down and kissed her head. "and i love him too" he said reaching out and stroking Jake's cheek. clary smiled from in front of him "i know" she said as she started to close her eyes. the last thing she heard was Jace's soft voice in her ear. "i'm a dad Clary, i'm a father".