Home sweet home (30)

"no" Maryse said as she looked over the kitchen table at both Jace and Jake. "Your not putting marshmallows on toast" she said glaring at both boys as they sat next to each other across the side of the kitchen counter.Their resemblance to one another was astounding as she looked at them both, Jake was the smaller version of his farther with his head just popping over the top of the counter from the bar stools they were sat on. all except his stunningly bright emerald green eyes that were the spit of Clary's. He also had Jace's silky long shaggy blonde hair and maryse could tell even from this age he was going to be good looking when he grew up. "Why not?" Jace moaned as Jake laughed at his dad. "Because" a smooth and feminine voice said from the kitchen door, "i already have one over active five your old, i don't want two". At that maryse spun round to see Clary stood in the door way smiling. Maryse had only visited Clary once when she was unconscious and had spent the rest of her time trying not to think about it, Clary looked beaten and tired with livid bruises along her jaw line and cheekbones and was also seeming to be struggling with crutches. "Clary" Jace said as he got up from his stool and hurried over to her, nearly tripping on his shoes. A Jace who never usually made an ungraceful move but in the company of his wife couldn't keep his feet straight. Maryse sighed, it had never been like that for her and Robert but she pushed the thought aside as Clary sat down with some help in Jace's bar stool and he pulled another one up next to her.

"I hope they haven't been driving you crazy" Clary said with a smile, that both took some effort and some pain to pull off. Her whole body felt tired but she was looking forward to going home and having a warm shower, and more to the point her own bed back. "Jake's been an angel as always" Maryse said with a glare in Jace's direction, who just scoffed "it was his idea" Jace said like a child and pointed at Jake. "Nwo daddy swaid it fiwrst" Jake said with a frown at his dad who just put his hands up in the air out of aspiration. "Fine everything was my fault, i'm going to go pack" he said getting up from his stool. "I'll help" Clary said hastily thinking of the packing he had done on the way here and dreading it. "No" Jace said slowly eyeing her up and down. "Your resting" he said with a smile as he headed for the door. "I mean whats the worst that could happen?" He asked with a smile before he headed out the door.

"Wow" Jocelyn said as she looked over Clary's shoulder at her bags. "Jace did this? Your Jace?" She asked with amazement in her voice. "Apparently so" Clary said frowning at their neat piled bags. She had opened one expecting everything to be thrown in messily but everything was folded and in place, she had forgotten about his obsession with everything being clean. Even their room was impeccably clean. Everything she dropped he picked up. "We should get going or were going to be late" her mom said picking up some of their bags. "The boys are waiting downstairs" Clary said with a smile as she limped towards the door on her crutches. She was finally going home.

"Your kidding with me" Clary said as she stood staring at the scene in front of her. Yellow police tape had been crossed across her front door and one of the bottom windows was smashed. A huge football hole gap in it. Just as she was about to put her head in her hands Jace came walking around the side if the house and gracefully padded over to her. "I'm glad we sent Jake to the institute" he said with a gulp. Suddenly nervous Clary looked up at him with big oval eyes. "Why?". He smiled at her with care. "Don't worry nothing major but his back garden toys are gone, i think they were stolen whilst we were gone and!" He added with a cheeky smile. "My motorbike is not! Where i left it, i swear if i find out nixies took it for a cruse ride" he said with a malicious grin. "Jake's toys were stolen?" Clary asked with a frown. "By who" she said whilst pushing past him and up their front steps to inspect the door. "My guess is garden nixies. It can't be mundanes this place is warded to strongly for them" he said as he helped her get up the stairs. "When we get in i'll wring Magnus and

See if he can't fix this" he said as he brushed past her and pulled the tape off the door. After unlocking it and helping her in he slammed the door shut with his foot. A smile ghost across his face as she spun to face him. "What?" She asked rudely as his grin widened. "We have an hour before they bring Jake back" he said arching his eyebrows at her. "I want a shower first" she said spinning around and as soon as she did she felt his arms around her waist. "So do i" he whispered into her ear which tickled and set the hairs on her neck on edge. She smiled to herself as she closed her eyes on the moment. Whatever was going on with the queen and the child seemed like it could never breach this moment. So she wanted to savour it for as long as she could. "Lets go then" she said sweetly as she led him upstairs. Him not disentangling himself from her waist...