I won't let you go (16)

Clary awoke with a start and tried to sit up only to find a strange pressure push her back down. "Don't move" a voice said and she would know that voice from anywhere, she looked up to find her mother hovering worrying over her. "Where's Jake" Clary said trying to remember what happened. "He's fine, driving Emma crazy at the moment, but i think if i was you i'd be more worried about this one" she said pointing to Clary's stomach. "Clary you took a hard fall the doctors took scans but so far they haven't been back" she said sitting down in the chair that had been pulled up the the bed and biting her nails worryingly. "What about Jace?" She said remembering the guards hitting him. "He.... Well he has looked better, i had luke check up on him, he says he is still unconscious but stable, we can go see him once the doctor has checked you out" the words sink into Clary's chest with ease. 'He is ok' thats all Clary can think about, not the possibility of loosing something so precious to her.

"Clary" her mom sighed and Clary looked up to her "yeah" Clary said looking at her mothers worried face and beginning to panic.

"Jace didn't just lash out before you came in, he was protecting you, i" and she chocked before continuing "the queen of the seelie court said they would sign any peace treaty and public Clave order in return for a meeting with you, i know it's a lot to take in but you don't have to if you don't want to i mean i can tell them your not up to-" Clary's tired laugh cut her off "you know i am going to go and so does she, it's one meeting in Return for everyones safety, i mean it's not my fault they were on the wrong side of the war, it's not my fault they can't lift a weapon outside the comfort of the own domain, so whats there to worry about" she said smiling slightly just to put her mother at ease. But to be fair there was a lot that could go wrong this was after all the queen of the seelie court that she had attacked a couple of years ago. And stated by her herself they are not forgetting or forgiving people. So whatever it is she wanted it was bound to be bad. Clary was thinking for about half an hour before the doctor walked in and both her and her mother sat up straight. "There's good news and some bad news" said the doctor "well bad on how you look at it" the doctor said smiling knowingly at Clary, "good news is, the baby's fine" the doctor said and as soon as he did Clary breathed out, she hadn't even realised she was holding her breath. "Bad news is, your husbands awake and not happy about needing to stay the night, but the kind guards out there have left quite a bit of trauma to his head, nothing serious we just need to keep an eye on it" the doctor said before leaving quietly and Clary couldn't help but smile, they were both ok. "Can we go see him now?" Clary asked giddily like a teenager. "I guess i don't have a chance to say no because you'll go anyway" Jocelyn said smiling and waving Clary goodbye as she ran for the door, ignoring the pain in her stomach as she ran.

"When can i go see my WIFE" a voice said from inside the door to the private patient rooms. "When she has woken up" a voice said that sounded a lot like Alec's. "Jace she had quite a fall, and seeming as though you didn't tell me she was pregnant i guess they will have to you know check her over" Clary opened the door slowly and ignoring the pain in her side propped herself against the door frame. "Whats this about me being asleep?" Clary asked with a giddy smile on her face. She looked at Jace who was propped up in bed with a pillow behind his head. He tried to get up and winced from the pain. Clary shot over to him and eased him back down. "Lie down Jace you had quite a fall yourself" she said easing him down properly onto the bed "i don't know how you did that" Alec said as he shook his head. "I have been trying to get him to lie down for half an hour now" he said grunting which made Clary smile. "I guess you just have to know how to approach the beast" Clary said poking Jace carefully in the belly, which seemed to remind him of something because his face suddenly went rigid and the smile he had on replaced by worry. "The baby" he whispered as he drew Clary closer by the wrist. "Is fine" Clary said smiling and then added "and still a girl, no fall can change that" she said smiling. Alec cleared his throat "congratulations and all but i got to get back to... Umm Magnus and sort some stuff out" he said whilst heading to the door.

Clary turned to Jace when she heard the door shut, he lifted his head up to kiss her and she pulled back, "not to upset you and all but you look like you've been punched a hundred times in the head and not that thats not macular and all but your head must hurt like hell and i don't want a kiss to make that worse" Jace pouted playfully but pulled her towards him anyway. "I can think of other ways to make my headache go away" he said smiling and scanning Clary up and down slowly before resting his eyes on her waist "i think that head wound hit something vital" she said pushing his hands back up to her shoulders."you know" Jace said shifting his gaze to her chest. "We could just go back home?" He said hopefully. I've got to tell him Clary thought. "One" Clary said putting a finger under his chin so he moved his gaze back to her eyes. "my eyes are up here, two this was your idea in the first place, and three. your injured" she said smiling sweetly at her as he pouted. "well maybe i was just acting that way for attention, you know i could of taken them Right? they caught me off guard" he said protectively and then pushed his gaze back slowly down to her chest. "and i know perfectly well where your eyes are" he said smiling down at her, which reminded her of Jake. "god your just like Jake" she said pushing his head back up again. "well i hope Jake doesn't look at you like this or have thoughts like mine at the moment. well not at this age anyway" he said smiling wickedly at her. "oh yeah and what were you thinking?" she asked genuinely curious "i guess if you keep standing there you'll find out" he said lifting his hips up as though telling her to sit. she obeyed him and sat on his lap, either leg on the side of him, trapping his legs in. "mrs.herondale you really are something" he said eyeing Clary. "Jace" she said a little more seriously which was hard when she was sat on his lap.

"Yup" he said still keeping his gaze on her stomach, "i want to see the queen" she said quickly so that she couldn't take it back. With this Jace stiffened underneath her, "you want to what?" He said Pushing her off him carefully, "look we all knew it was coming right, and she can't hurt me because they can't use weapons outside their domain, so i will order it to be outside their compound. And if that doesn't work i will have guards there twenty four- seven" she said smiling at him slightly. He opened his mouth to speak but Clary put a finger to his lips. "Look i know your going to try and tell me it's a bad choice but it's been nearly seven years since HE happened" she said sourly. "And if she wants a meeting with me now it must be pretty important, i need to know what she wants Jace, if i didn't go it will just eat up at me until i can't take it anymore" she said and then collapsed onto the end of the bed, careful not to sit on his toes. He was silent for a long time until she felt him get up and walk towards the door. "You know i'm coming then right?" He asked before swinging the door open. "I know and... Wait where are you going?" She asked as he stepped out into the hallway. "For a cold shower" he said smiling at her and disappearing down the hall.

Clary sat back on the bed and sighed, She hoped this was going to be worth it. For all of their sakes.