Love is strong ? (6)

The reception and wedding went by in a blur. Jace had insisted because of her upbringing that they have rings. but had said they to be worn on a chain around there necks instead. They had however exchanged runes. binding and love onto each others chests and wrists. The rest was a lot of walking to and from locations, into the after party which Mia and her pack including Luke had helped to put together. it was like her mothers party it was in a giant white mess tent and had other smaller tents around it. there was also a local barn in the back that the vampires had camped in until it was dark enough for them to come out. Mia had insisted they were invited because of new terms with the

Clave and about them all getting along. Also simon and his mother and sister had turned up because as Jocelyn said Simons mother still remembered her and would find it weird not to be invited to her wedding. so Luke and the others had decided to have another local party for just them after the main party. So that is how they were here. sitting behind a giant white table covered in gold

Cloth with all there other close

Friends near by. Clary was sat next to Jace who never once took his hand out of hers And next to Jace was Luke and Alec. Next to clary was Isabelle and then simon who coincidentally was holding hands with izz. he hadn't told his mom about her yet or about the fact that he was a shadow-hunter in training. clary guessed that after the whole vampire business it kind of put him off. Clary scanned the room for her mother but couldn't see her anywhere. "Jace" clary said only loud enough for him to hear. He turned his full attention to her, "yeah" he said in a calm tone. "Can i tell izz" she said with a smile. "I have to tell someone or i'm going to burst" he said holding in a squeal.

"Tell me what" Isabelle said from behind clary. "god she's nosy" clary said with a smile as she turned to face izz. she felt the hand in hers give a reassuring squeeze and one that also said 'your on your own on this one' and she gulped "ok this was a lot easier in my head" clary said with a frown. "what is" izz said whipping her head back and forth as though looking for someone in the crowd of dancing people. clary had wanted to dance but

Jace wouldn't let her incase she fell or tripped and hurt the baby. it was one of the Times that he actually sounded scared So she agreed to take it easy. "Clary" izz said breaking her out of her day dream "tell me what" she repeated sounding annoyed now. "well" clary began and then gulped again. if it was this hard to tell a friend she couldn't imagine how hard it would be to tell her mother. who still hadn't shown up to congratulate them. "I'm pregnant' clary blurted out not wanting to stall for air. after a while with no response clary looked up at an open mouthed Isabelle. "izz say something". clary said but before she could say anything else she was engulfed in a monstrous hug "omg" izz said pulling back "i- i actually cant believe it" she squealed quietly "wait" she said turning to Jace "when did you, oh hell i don't care i'm going to be an auntie" she squealed louder this time drawing a fair amount of attention. "izz shut up will you" Jace said sternly but couldn't wipe the smile off his face. he was going to be a dad!.

Suddenly feeling all eyes on her clary stood up and tapped her fork against her glass. she heard everyone quiet and suddenly regretted what she had done. she saw jace's smile disappear and worry take its place. he let go of her hand to let her rise properly and she ached for his hand back but she knew from his face of shock that she was alone on this one. "umm. thanks for coming everyone this has been the best day of my life". clary took a breath and heard everyone sigh sweetly at they saw her start to tear up. "so as you all know i am now married to this ass" she said kicking Jace softly as he laughed and shrugged,"hey" Jace said standing up beside her "i'll have you know i am one handsome ass". he said entwining his hand in hers again. Clary smiled as she took a deep breath. "ok ready" clary asked Jace quietly, "sure" he said looking around the room. Clary suspected for her mother who still hadn't showed up. "i urgh", clary bagan and rubbed her neck nervously. "i'm pregnant". she heard lots of gasps and when she looked up some people were crying whilst others were smiling and clapping. The rest of the evening was a lot of hugs and congradulations. well from everyone but simon and her mother who still hadn't come to the centre stage yet. clary stood up which took Jace by suprise but she looked at him and smiled. "protective today aren't we mr.herondale" clary said smiling as she pulled there hands away. "definitely" jace said looking back to Alec. "hurry up though clary, i dont want to send a search party". he said without looking back towards her. she smiled and headed through the crowd of people until her red hair was no longer visible.

"Mom" clary said in shock as she looked at the two red heads, "congradulations" the first red head said. The other red head 'her mother' turned around as well. "clary i was just coming".-"you missed it mom" clary said painfully as she remembered telling everyone she was pregnant. "missed what" Clarys mom said clearly confused. clary looking at the other grinning red head and she almost growled in her throat "not in front of her" clary said harshly which made Jocelyn almost jump in surprise. "she came to give her thanks" her mom said and clary could tell she was lying. "mom she wasn't invited to my wedding and since when did the 'queen of the seelie' court congratulate people" clary said whipping her head towards the queen. "pleasant as ever i see son of valentine" she said with a smile. before clary could answer she felt an arm wrap around her waist from behind and the same familiar husky voice that she loved "only to the people she cares about". jace said pleasantly with a smile on his face. clary turned to him "i thought you were staying up there?" clary said in surprise. Jace smiled at her lazily "you were gone for a long time" which clary knew had only been about two minutes maybe three. clary turned her attention back to the two women but the queen had gone, leaving a white faced Jocelyn "mom what is it?" clary asked sounding concerned "nothing" her mother replied bluntly whilst walking away. she suddenly stopped like remembering something and turned and hugged clary. "i heard your speech honey, and i couldn't be happier" she said with a genuine smile and walked back into the crowd of people. clary looked up at Jace who was still wrapped around her waist behind her and both their faces held the same shock.