What a birthday (32)

GUYS IMPORTANT. DON'T FORGET TO GO AND ADD MY OTHER THING ON MY PAGE. ITS MORTAL INSTRUMENTS TRIVIA AND WE ARE TRYING TO GET EVERYONE TOGETHER. THANK YOU

Clary sat in the waiting room to the infirmary alone. She hadn't wanted to butt in on everyone who was with Robert and even if she did go in she wouldn't know what to say to him. He most probably wouldn't get to meet his granddaughter and she knew how much that devastated Jace. She was about to check her phone when footsteps sounded behind her. She turned around quizzically and found simom stood in the door way nervously. "Sorry" he blurted out as she looked at him. "Sorry for what?" She asked. Confusion clear in her tone. " we should of told you sooner but we knew it was Jake's birthday. I don't think we would of told you until he got worse" simon said whilst rubbing his arm awkwardly. Clary stared in shock. She didn't blame him but knew if he told Jace this that He would probably lash out at him. "Clary say something" simon said as he sauntered into the room. "I haven't seen you in weeks" Clary said with a frown. "I-wait what" simon said as he sat down besides her. "I tell you that and all you have to say is that i've been ignoring you" he said with a snort. "No" Clary said as she turned to fave the door. "I have a lot more than that to say but fir izz and Jace's sake i think we should just try to hold it together. And i heard about you going hunting yesterday, how was that?" She asked trying desperately to change the subject. "Hah" simon said sarcastically. "How was it! Jace nearly got me killed by raveners six times and i fear my lungs will never be the same again, that guy can run!" Simon said and Clary couldn't help but smile. She was slightly annoyed that Jace let simon get attacked but at the same time she wouldn't of expected anything different from him. Clary was about to answer back when the door opened and izzy ran out and almost violently threw herself into simons arms.

"It's going to be ok" simon said soothingly as he rubbed izzy's back and all of a sudden Clary felt like she was intruding on something personal. She stood ready to leave the room when Jace came into the room. His face was blank but Clary could see clearly by his face that Robert hadn't made it. Clary felt her heart drop. He looked as lost as he did when max had died and she knew their was no way to comfort him but instead of acting fine like he would of done under normal circumstances Jace walked slowly over to Clary and pulled her towards him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his head into the crook of her neck, she could feel him shaking but not crying. Jace didn't cry often and especially not in front of people. Clary was uncomfortable with him crushing her stomach but said nothing. She couldn't bear to break him away from her. And this is how it stayed for longer than Clary could remember. But at some point he broke away from her and insisted he had to go for a walk to clear his head. Izzy had gone back into the room to say goodbye to her farther and to comfort her mother and left just her and simon in the empty room again. "It's your fault" simon said coldly and Clary was taken aback. "What?" She said in disbelief. Simon sounded so cold towards her and she never thought she had ever heard him sound that way before. "You heard me" he said with a vicious snort. "He was on his way back from idris, to warn YOU that the clave wants you to help fight against the fairies and he was jumped. No one knows who by only that he died of a demon bite, but he wouldn't of been their if it wasn't for you and what your farther did to you" As soon as he said it simon looked away as if he couldn't stand to look at her and Clary felt as though she had been slapped. As fast as she could Clary got to her feet and came over to simon. "Simon" she said and she reached out and touched his shoulder. As soon as she did he pushed her back and she stumbled. Before she had chance to prevent it Clary fell hard onto the ground. The fall had blown the wind out of her and she could feel a sharp pain in her stomach. "Shit" simon said as he scrambled to his feet making a lot of noise. "Clary i'm really sorry i didn't mean-" and he broke off as Jace appeared in door way. As soon as Jace looked up he frowned. And when he saw Clary on the floor his fcae whitened. "Clary!" He said worriedly and hurried over to her. He skidded to his knee's and pressed a hand to Clary's stomach that made her wince. His face turned from shock to rage and he turned red faced towards simon. "What THE HELL DID YOU DO" he shouted as he stood up and faced simon. "I- i sorry i didn't mean- i mean i didn't mean to hurt her- i didn't know she would fall" and when he said it he looked to the floor but Jace's face only got redder. "You didn't mean to push my wife over!" He said and then laughed sarcastically. "My sixth month pregnant wife!" He said and then simon was looking at him. "And who's fault is it that she's pregnant" he said and as soon as the words were out of his mouth Jace leapt at him...

Clary watched in shock as Jace leapt on simon and started to punch him square in the face. Simon was strong and quite a good shadow hunter but he had nothing against Jace. And was so clearly over powered as Jace got on top of him and grabbed him by the front of the shirt. Clary tried to get to her feet but as soon as she moved she felt it again. A sharp pain in her stomach that made her whimper. Just as Jace reached up again a hand wrapped around his fist and Jace looked up in shock to find Alec stood, pale faced and tired eyed above him. "Leave him alone" Alec said as he pulled Jace off of simon. "But i-" Jace began and then Alec cut him off with a flick of his wrist. "Not you idiot, i mean simon" he said facing simon. "I think you better leave" he said dryly as simon pulled himself into a sitting position. "But Clary" he said trying to pull himself to see around Jace and Alec. "Is non of your concern" Jace said coldly and they both stared at simon as he got to his feet and limped from the room. Leaving a smear of blood on the floor where Jace had hit him. As soon as simon left Jace whirled to face Clary and hurried over to her. "Clary" he said as he got to his knee's and Alec beside him. "I'm fine" Cary said as she tried to sit up and winced. "No your not" Jace said with a frown and put a hand gently on her stomach. "Alec" he said calmly. "Do you think you can get Magnus" Jace was looking at Clary but when Alec didn't answer he looked over at Alec who was staring at the door to the room their farther was in. "Alec" Jace said sharply this time and Alec shook his head and turned to them. "Sorry what?" He said with a sorrowful expression. "I said" Jace repeated sadly, "do you think you could get magnus?" And this time Alec got the smallest of a grin on his face that disappeared nearly as fast as it appeared, "i can always get magnus" he said and then stood up and walked for the door..

After being checked over by magnus Jace had insisted on carrying Clary home bridal style and in a way Clary was glad simon had pushed her. Because for the smallest of time it had taken everyones mind of off Robert and also Maryse who even after knowing that he no longer loved her still stayed by his side and grieved for him. Now Clary was sat on their sofa with Jake asleep with his head on her lap and Jace who was sat on the floor in front of them. She stroked Jace's hair from the sofa and knew in some way that it was calming him. The day had started out so well it was the end of Jake's birthday and instead of cake. They had had to sit him down and tell him that his grandad was dead. Even though Jake didn't know Robert well he still cried over the loss of a family member and had given his dad a hug. Something he never did anymore to show him that he was there. And then he had fallen to sleep on the the sofa and Clary worried that his head would hurt in the morning slid under him to use her lap as a pillow. Jace had spent some time outside and Clary left him to grieve alone. He had come in about three in the morning and sat down right where he was now and hadn't moved. He was staring at the fire and Clary could hear his steady breathing. "It's going to be ok" she said for the hundredth time and Jace just nodded. "I know" he said. "Jace" she said slowly. And he looked up at her, " yeah" he said with a frown and Clary sighed. "What do you think got into simon?" She asked glumly. He had never acted like this before with her and she was worried for him. "Nothing i think he's just a woman beating jerk" Jace said coldly as he began to tense. "I mean if he had hurt you or the baby, i don't know what i would of done. I'm sorry i hit him like i did but i don't know i just saw you on the floor and he was standing over you and i just flipped" he said with a sigh and she held her breath. She didn't know what had gotten into simon either but she didn't want to talk about it and upset Jace anymore. Instead she said, "you are kidding right" and with this Jace looked at her quizzically. "About what?" He asked confusingly. "About letting Jake go hunting with you" she said with a frown and she saw Jace smile at her weekly. "Of course i'm kidding, even to me six is too young for that, maybe when he's nine" Jace said clearly deep in thought and Clary punched him lightly in the arm. "Not until he's fifth-teen" Clary said sternly and Jace just smiled at her. "Go to sleep frey" he said and this time Clary smiled. "Frey is it?" She asked cheekily and Jace turned back around to face to the fire. "You'll always be my frey" he said sweetly. And this is how it stayed until sleep finally pulled Clary down.