The escape (42)

Jace slid to a holt as he watched in horror. He could feel men slamming into him and trying to restrain him but all he could see, all he could feel was Jake. He lay still on the cold stone floor and a small dark puddle was forming around him. Jace was aware the queen was talking, but he could only hear a muffled ringing in his ears. After a couple of minutes of nothingness Jace heard a startled scream. With a jolt he snapped out of his funk and spun in the grasp of armoured men to see Clary. She had both hands clasped over her mouth and was staring hopelessly at Jake's small frame. As if sensing him Clary turned to face Jace. Her face was a mixture of shock and fear. Without so much of a warning she fought in the grip of those around her and when did finally break free she smashed through the people trying to pin her down, her maternal instincts drawing her forward with such a force men were being knocked clean over. She had nearly reached Jake when a tall figure loomed over Jace, blocking his view of Clary and of Jake. Jace looked up slowly and carefully to stare into the eyes of balron. The queen's second. He peered down at Jace in disgust. Balron was a tall man with enough muscle to beat down a whale. He was handsome in that dark mysterious way and always seemed like a nice person to be around, but at the moment all Jace wanted to do was attack him until he moved, he needed to get to his wife and son.

"You will answer back to your queen when she has spoken" Balron spat down at Jace through his usual phlegmy tone.

At this Jace looked up at the man with a killer glare, he was going to get past this man even if he had to stab him.

"She's not my queen, so move" Jace said in a low warning tone but to Jace's surprise the other man simply laughed. A loud bark that hummed through the room, but Jace had had enough. With a monstrous shove Jace pushed the other man back as far as he would go and knocked the smile clean off his face. Jace dodged past the outstretched hands trying to grip his shirt front and he ran forwards. Glimpsing just a small fraction of Clary on the ground. A small still figure lying lifeless in her arms. Her hands were covered in blood and the front of her shirt was splotched with it as well. He could tell she was crying from the way her body shook and Jace longed to comfort her. To get them both free, but as he battled his way forward something metallic cut into his view and before he could move an object smashed into the side of his face. Sending the world into darkness..

Clary's hands shook uncontrollably as she pressed her palms into the cut at the base of Jake's stomach. He was loosing a lot of blood fast but she had no idea how ecstatic she was to find his steady small heart beat. Clary looked around frantically for help but all she saw were soldiers. All in white and each one holding weapons of different variety's. Ellie and tommy were no where to be seen and neither was the queen. She was about to turn her attention back to Jake when she saw a blonde dark figure battling his way towards her. Her heart lit up at the sight of Jace, he was ok. More than ok, he looked pissed as hell. She almost smiled, but before he could get any further a large man running towards Jace swung his sword butt first and the butt of the sword smashed into the side of Jace's head. Sending him flying off his feet with a spray of blood escaping from his mouth. Clary screamed his name as he landed with a thump on the ground. She screamed his name over and over again as people began to surround him. blocking her view of him. Both her boys were out of her reach and she was terrified of the thought of being alone, she had given birth twice but that in no way was anything compared to the pain in her heart at that moment. Clary's head spun as she looked back down at Jake. His small round face was stripped of colour and the blood seeping through her fingers was becoming less of a stream. He was loosing a lot of blood. Clary could feel the tears rolling down her face and onto Jake's small body as she tried desperately to slow the bleeding. But to no avail. Jace couldn't help her. And nobody else knew where she was. He was going to die soon if they couldn't get help and Clary could feel everyone in the room advancing on her. With nothing else to do Clary rested her head lightly on Jake's.

"I love you baby boy" Clary whispered through her tears. Her voice was quiet and light. All hope fading from her words. "Don't you ever forget that". But before Clary could lift her head up a loud explosion of voices and shouts sounded from the entrance. Clary looked up desperately as familiar shapes burst into the room. Jocelyn and Magnus, Alec and Isabelle. Even simon. Clary watched as Luke and his pack dived at the fairies closest to him. But Clary was too scared to be relieved, they had been saved. But Jake had gone even looser in her grip. His small heart slowing as it beat faintly. Clary wasn't sure whether he was going to die.

-------------------------------------

Ol guys i wondered if you might want to know what Ellie and Tommy look like so through the next chapters they'll be posted in the picture. Todays is tommy ;) and hope you enjoyed