20

"Have you stopped crying now?" Jimin muttered.

Taehyung sniffed, "Yes."

"Are you okay?" added Jimin.

"No," Taehyung faltered.

Jimin sighed as he relaxed his back on one side of a tree; while Taehyung rested on the other side. He had felt a little embarrassed for crying on Jimin's shoulder, and was now ashamed to face him. Alpha's don't cry? Do they?

"You know," Jimin started. "I lost my mother when I was young too." Taehyung looked up from the ground in curiousity. He didn't know what to say, except that he was surprised to hear something about Jimin's life.

Jimin sighed and looked down at his hands. "I was only 5 when my mother passed away from cervical cancer," he explained.

'He was younger than me!' Taehyung thought. Jimin shook his head. "It was a long time ago anyway, father's been getting along just fine without her," he said. "Sometimes I think that he's forgotten about her."

Taehyung gasped and crawled around to face Jimin. A tear was rolling down Jimin's cheek,he quickly wiped it away. Taehyung looked the other way, he felt uncomfortable that Jimin was crying in front of him.

"You know," Taehyung muttered. "She's never gone while your still breathing." Jimin looked up at Taehyung whose face had turned a shade of pink.

"As long as your breathing, she breathes inside of you."

Jimin p.o.v

I stared at Taehyung as he spoke. His red hair falling gently over his left eye. Taehyung pushed it back and blushed furiously turning to me.

"Sorry, that came out weird," he flustered. I blinked. "No," I breathed, I felt my chest.

My heart beat was soft and calm. I closed my eyes. "She's inside of me, I can feel it."

Taehyung smirked. He leant against the tree and sighed. "Its crazy," he started. He took out his hands. "I'm the new alpha."

"Yeah you are... are you ready?"

"For leading the pack? For finding food? For surviving?" Taehyung cried. Then he lowered his head. "No, not at all."

I looked at Taehyung. Properly looked at Taehyung. I still couldn't believe he was a wolf hybrid- that there was a whole nother world out in the woods.

When I had first met Taehyung, he was intimidating... but now, I've seen him cry. Ive seen him at his weekest point. He was a different person deep inside and looking at him now, he looked absolutely terrified that he was now passed down with such a huge responsibility.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. Because I couldn't relate, I wasn't wolf and I certainly was no wolf alpha. But I do face challenges- we all face challenges.

"Taehyung..." I muttered. Taehyung didn't flinch. " I believe you can do it. So you should believe you can do it also."

Taehyung turned his head and looked at me. His yellow eyes glowed dimly.

"You really think I can be alpha?"

I smiled cheerfully at him. "I know so," I said.

Taehyung p.o.v

I felt a warm feeling tingle my insides as I stared into Jimin's eyes. They seemed so genuine that I wanted to believe that I could do anything if I tried. My face flushed pink. I turned my face hurriedly before he could see.

What was wrong with me?

Why do I keep on blushing whenever he compliments me?

But I shook off the feeling and stood up, I brushed down my trousers. Jimin stood up and stood in front of me.

"You came back," I spluttered. "I thought you were freaked out... you know about the whole wolf thing."

Jimin nodded slowly. "I was..." he started, then looked up at me. "But your still part human, and I know you Taehyung as a person, and for that reason, I have decided to keep your secret."

"I won't tell anyone about the wolves."

My eyes sparkled as I looked back at Jimin. He was serious. I could see the glint in his eyes as he smiled at me warmly.

"I should go," I said. "And so should you, the sun's setting and... I can no longer roam free."

"What do you mean by that?" Jimin puzzled.

I remembered the long strolls I used to take in the woods. I remembered when I was free to climb trees and run away with the wind. How can an alpha be free... when he has rules to follow?

But I couldn't describe all this to Jimin. I transformed into my wolf form, my yellow eyes shining. Jimin breathed out, smoke rising in the air. Then I darted into the woods.

*

The forest smelt like burnt wood and the taste of firewood lurched on the tip of my tongue. Memories flashed in my head as the sound of roaring fire filled my ears.

"Father!"

"I need to save father!"

"Fatheerr!!!"

"Taehyung!!" Cried a voice. "Taehyung."

I jumped and turned, seeing Ho-Seok who had a concerned look on his face. I snapped.

"Taehyung where have you been?" He asked in a worried voice. "The pack is in a panic state and we need a new place to live."

"We have called the Kiyogi wolves and Akane is on her way-

"Akane?" I repeated. "Why Akane?"

Ho-Seok didn't answer; thought I was sure that I knew the answer. My father dying had brought terror and fear. If i died, there would be nobody to take heir. So they need a heir in case anything happens to me. I ignored this.

"We're heading east," I declared. "We will make a new home there, the strong wolves will hunt for food while the weak rest."

All the wolves nodded. Ho-Seok nudged his arm. "Whose alpha now?"

I smirked and pushed him back. "Shut up, I'm only sixteen, I'm terrified." We walked along the path.

"You dont look terrified." Ho-Seok remarked. "You look like your in control and know what your doing."

"Do I?" I faltered, leaving Ho-Seok in discombobulation. But I laughed it off and slapped his back playfully. "You know, maybe being alpha wont be bad, especially with you by my side."

Ho-Seok's face fell. "Oh hell naw!" he cried, raising both his hands in the air. "I'm sorry alpha, but this one is on you!"

And he laughed, backing away with the pack. I rolled my eyes and sighed, looking up at the full moon above me: this day marked a beginning to an end.

I howled into the air, and the pack mimicked as we tracked into the depths of the wood.