6

"Tell me where you've REALLY been," said Ji-hyung.

Jimin stiffened. He should have seen this coming; his brother was prone to reading him and knew when he was lying and telling the truth. He couldn't lie now; not to his face at least. But then, could he trust him?

"Do you swear not to tell anyone," Jimin suddenly said. "Swear on your life and father's life and mothers-

"Dont bring up her name," hissed Ji-hyung. Then nodded. "I swear- but if it has anything to do with you being in trouble...

"I went to the woods," Jimin blurted.

There was a short silence between them both. Finally, Ji-hyung sighed and sat down on his brother's bed.

"You saw a wolf didn't you? "

This time Jimin was the one to be surprised. "You've seen them?" He breathed.

Ji-hyung nodded. "Yes, I once went into the woods a year ago, and discovered the existence of the wolves," He explained. "Magnificent creatures, aren't they?"

Jimin didn't know what to say. His brother had seen wolves with his very own eyes and had kept it a secret from him. But why?

"Why do you think I didn't tell anyone, Jimin?" Ji-hyung asked his little brother. "Same reason you didn't tell dad."

"You were afraid they would ridicule you for making up such bullshit."

Jimin said nothing.

"So I never told anyone about my encounter with the wolves," Ji-hyung continued. Then he turned to Jimin.

"But why did you decide to trust me?"

"Your my brother, aren't you?" Jimin shrugged sitting onto his bed and pulling out his phone. His eyes flickered before switching to his brother's eyes. "We tell each other anything."

~

Taehyung sat gloomily on the ground; Ho-seok opposite him and Akane sat next to a tall woman with black hair that flowed past her shoulders. Besides her, was a fairly aged guy with black hair and brown eyes. His name was Namjoon, and was Akane's older brother.

Taehyung's father steadily approached and sat beside Taehyung. He then nodded at Ho-seok who then got up and gave Taehyung a reassuring smile before leaving.

There was a short silence that followed.

"Welcome Ms Kiyogi-san and her two children, Akane and Namjoon to the Hyungi Hills pack," Taehyung's father greeted.

Akane's mother bowed. "Its pleasure to be accompanied by the Alpha of the Hyungi Pack and to see his handsome young cub, Taehyung."

Akane tried to hide a snicker; Taehyung gave her a warning look.

"I think its a really good idea for the two to get to know each other, I'm sure when they get older they would make such supreme leaders for both the Hyungi and Kiyogi pack," her mother continued.

Taehyung looked away from Akane's eyes. This wasn't the future he wanted- but he was bound to it by flesh and blood.

"With all due respect mother," said Akane suddenly. "But I don't think Taehyung and I are ready for such drastic measures... as you said, Taehyung is a still cub and isn't ready for such a big change."

Taehyung looked up. Akane was actually trying to postpone the marriage.

"That's why we've agreed to let you two get to know each other," said Taehyung's father through gritted teeth.

"But lets not talk about marriage now, the children still have years to come to this time, we're rushing this all," said Akane's mother. "Let us rest and wake up to a brand new day."

Taehyung's father nodded. There was never a time when Taehyung felt any happier to have heard the words ' let us rest '. Besides, he still had to think about the human he had let him see.

Soon, the three wolves were left alone: Namjoon, Akane and Taehyung.

Namjoon smirked. "So your to be the new alpha of both the Hyungi and Kiyogi pack," he jeered. "How sad you don't have an older sister. Or I would have easily taken that place."

Taehyung tittered. "Your just jealous," he snarled. "Because once I'm alpha, I'll have more power than you."

"I think we all know who has the more strength here," growled Namjoon. Both Taehyung and Namjoon were at each others necks and were squaring up against each other. Before things could escalate, Akane stepped forward.

Namjoon snarled. "I could easily take your place, beta."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Can we all just calm down," she reckoned. "I'm too tired to listen to your bickering and a woman needs her beauty sleep."

She marched off towards the other female wolves. Taehyung and Namjoon glared at each other.

"Next time," Taehyung muttered.

"Bring it," Namjoon urged.

Before they both turned their back on each other and walked opposite ways.