16

WARNING: This chapter includes gore 

Jimin p.o.v

We all filed into the hall, row by row, column by column. Nobody knew what this sudden assembly was about, and everybody was confused amidst the confusion. I took a seat next to Jin and gave him a weary smile. There was a loud whistle sound from the front of the hall, and our principle, my father, stood staring down at us. I didn't know why he always carried a whistle.

"Everybody quiet down!" he ordered over the loud chatter. The hall fell quiet as they all stared at him in wonder. Father, the principle, coughed loudly. "As you must know, I have called a rather unusual assembly today. This is because there is an announcement to be made."

"You all know the woods over the Hyungi Hills," he said. Everybody nodded and exchanged glances. I gave Jin a look but he shrugged his shoulders. "I want to remind you that it is absolutely 100% forbidden to enter the forest at any time!"

I was immediately reminded of Taehyung. Taehyung was a wolf hybrid and so was his friend Akane. There is a whole species living in our woods that we don't know about- and even though I know Taehyung is harmless, I couldn't help shaking.

"There will be teachers patrolling the area," my father announced. The teachers looked even more confused as if it was the first time they were hearing this. That was it, I had decided that I had to see Taehyung again. Wolf prince or not. I needed more answers and strangely enough, I was curious. I sulked as I made my way to double science.

"Cheer up, at least you already found out there were no wolves," Jin grinned at me. I gave Jin a half smile and caught Jungkook at the corner of my eye. He looked disappointed and guilty. But what I didn't understand, was why father was now only concerned about the forest.

What had driven him to act in this way? Could it be possible... that he knew about the wolves?

Taehyung P.o.v

We crouched down low, tails wagging and teeth baring. I watched from a distance as the rest of the teen wolves inched closer. Ho-Seok treaded carefully on the grass as he watched the brown coated creature chew on the grass. Without warning, he pounced. Blood spurting everywhere. I wrinkled my nose.

"What the fuck!" I cried as I inched closer to the carcass. The deer lay lifeless. It's neck bent back in an odd shape and teeth marks its chest. The deer's eyes rolled back so all you could see what its white pale skin and blood spilled onto the grass. Splatters of blood stained Ho-Seok's fur but he didn't seem to care. "What the actual fuck!" I repeated.

I stared at the dead deer in disgust. "Did you have to do it so fucking gruesome?" I sniffed at Ho-Seok. "It's enough to make me bloody sick."

Another wolf, his name was Duri and his fur was jet black like the night. "A prince who gets sick at hunting," he spluttered. Then muttered under his breath. "What a disgrace." I growled at him. But Ho-Seok held me back.

"Beta wolf," he muttered in my ear. I took a step back and glanced at the deer. "How do we carry it back to the pack?" I asked. Two wolves clamped the deer's head with its teeth and dragged it across the floor. I watched in dismay.

"I don't want to watch anymore," I muttered. The sun was setting meaning that Jimin would be back soon, I had to find a way to get away. Ho-Seok smirked. "But it's your turn," he said. He indicated to a deer a few miles away. I gulped.

The deer had slender legs and brown fur with a tender pattern. "I'm not killing it," I said. Duri jeered at me. "Weak wolf," he muttered. I felt my veins pound with anger. "I'll do it," I snorted. When all of a sudden a white hare appeared in the midst of the grass. All of the wolves perked their heads, as more hare began to hop into view. My eyes flashed as I watched them hungrily.