Chapter Fifty Nine

Sorry guys for not updating for sooo long...Soooo, yes, I know that this comes as a small surprise and most of you want to kill me for not updating in so long. But anyway, I'm back and so is this book. I promise to finish it soon and I won't go away. So now, I'll do a little recap because I doubt that alot of you remember everything.

i. Mikayla became Alpha of her pack and hired Matthew. She fell in love with him. Her first mate, Jayce was abusive so she left him.

ii. She got a marriage proposal from Kian, Alpha Brian's son which she accepted but he refused to mark her so she got together with Matthew.

iii. Matthew marked her after Jayce attacked her. They got mate bond married. He had to leave because his mother was dying.

iv. Mikayla went into heat while he was gone and called Mahsa, the moon priestess to expel it. She did leaving Mikayla completely impaled and in pain where she couldn't walk for a week and told her to be careful with her womb. Not to get pregnant before her next heat to avoid complications.

v. Vicky attacked her and she killed her. Ask in the comments if you forgot who Vicky was, please. Then Carter in his hurt state also attacked her verbally and she killed him. This sent her into depression.

vi. When Matthew came back, she asked him to take away the Alpha position from her and become Alpha.

Vii. Matthew abandoned her after and she got pregnant and when he came back, he pushed her down the stairs and she lost her son and was left barren. It was also revealed that everything was planned as revenge because of what Logan did to his family.

Viii. With the help of Logan, Kayla left Matthew to her stay with her friend Jade and then, Rionna...

Ix. Rionna took Mikayla to Enzo's pack where Matthew kept coming to beg her to get back together. She refuses everytime and one day, they mate and she rejects him so he stops.

X. She receives a letter abt her step mom being in bad state and decidedes to return to her pack but is kidnapped by Jayce who alnost rapes her but she is saved by Rionna who in turn, kills Jane.

Xi. Mikayla returns to her pack and Matthew has a new assistant - Rochelle.

Please, if you have any other questions and you are confused or have forgotten, please ask it in the comments or Dm me. Thank you.

Now, Enjoy...

I awake suddenly, my fingers clutching to the sheets nervously. I inhale, the morning air humid. I sweat profusely as I sit up, horrified by the dream that I just had. I sit up and try to catch my breath, fully unnerved.

When I look around, steaks of the newborn sunlight trickles into my room. It caresses my face lightly but I am too tense to admire it. Instead, I reach for the glass of water by my bedside. Calm down, Mikayla. It was only a nightmare.

In my dream, I was standing still and being shrouded with bouts of commotion. When I looked down, there was blood everywhere. Suddenly, I was covered from head to toe in blood. I looked down again and this time, what I saw chilled me to the bone. Matthew was lying dead at my feet. That wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that I held a bloodied dagger in my hands.

Matthew died. In my dream, Matthew died. I killed him.

I got up, unable to calm myself enough to go back to sleep. That dream felt so real. It did. I mean, I know I hate Matthew but on a serious note, I would never be capable of actually murdering him. The world would be a better place without him but the day he does go, it won't be by my hands.