Chapter Thirty Eight

That's Matt's tattoo above. Thank you Rebockbecca for drawing it for me....💗

Entangled limbs invade our space. Matthew is sprawled out below me, one hand cupping the small of my back and the other on his side while I lie on top. My head is set atop the hearty heartbeat of his chest as my ear presses against it while our legs hook into each other.

I can't sleep and I can't decide if it's the fact I believe Matthew just got me pregnant or my happiness despite that. After the 'accident ', we took a bath where I tried profusely to wash him out of me. He even helped and said not to worry that nothing will happen. It took a long time for me to calm  down but then, I finally did and let him try to rock me back to sleep. He eventually fell asleep while I just stayed on top of him, staring down at him and his sleeping frame and analysing his intriguing tattoo that I've finally gotten a complete look at.

My index finger grazes over it.

A rose tattoo with bold mulberry colour that looks about to wilt, the hunter green coloured vines pushing towards the left into an abstract heart that further intertwines into  a double infinity symbol

A rose tattoo with bold mulberry colour that looks about to wilt, the hunter green coloured vines pushing towards the left into an abstract heart that further intertwines into  a double infinity symbol. The bold hunter green vines have thorns poking out of them. I can't help the way that I'm drawn to it as I'm unable to stop tracing it with my index finger along the hip of him. It pokes out from the left side of his hip, right above his pelvis.

"Are you just going to stare and play with my tattoo all night?" His groggy yet soft voice stills my fingers in a small shock and then I place both hands on his chest and set my face on my hands while I look at him. He's craning his neck forward to look at me with a goofy smile and messy hair while my bare chest presses down on his.

"I like looking at you. Is that so bad?" I finally answer, shooting my own half smile.

"No. I like looking at you too," he replies, rubbing my back and my thighs clamp around his then moves beneath me slightly to adjust. "You also like my tattoo. You stare at it alot. Intrigued?"

"Very. Can you tell me what it represents?" I ask with a dull smile, my fingers going back to the tattoo as I place a kiss on his chest.

He only shifts again to readjust himself, his discomfort apparent and then he nudges me off him, causing me to go to his left side. He pulls me up to his side, arm still wrapped around me.

"You'll figure it out, eventually," he says into my ear and then kisses my earlobe causing me to squeeze him harder.

"Okay," I answer in a small voice that is barely above a whisper. Maybe the tattoo has an emotional reason behind it. Maybe something related to his sister that died or family he never talks about. So I won't push him to tell me anything. He will in his own time....maybe.

"Are you still worried you might be pregnant?" He asks abruptly with fingers caressing my arm lightly.

"Yes," I nod my head melancholically, not liking to remember that point. "I'll get a witch tomorrow to see. I can't wait till a month or however long before finding out."