Chapter Forty Seven

So this is a very mature chapter. Urm yea and there's a trigger for violence on this one too. Not extreme but it's there. But it's only at the end, so you can read up until that point, I'll put the warning right before the mature part.

You can skip from that point if you are uncomfortable. I will recap at the beginning of the next chapter. Or you can dm me if you prefer.

Anyway....

Kian smiles at me and I resist the urge to run into his arms and hug him. My heart warms from within.

He looks the same as the last time I saw him. The same traditional fashion sense, auburn hair and soft brown eyes. His eyes seem softer as he looks at me while I look at the small moustache atop his face, the only thing that looks changed about him.

My lips tremble.

It's with a lack of certainty that I walk towards him. My steps are slow and my heart pounds wildly in my chest, wanting to touch him, wanting to hug him. The last time I saw this boy, he kissed me and we said goodbye.

Now, I'm married, no longer an Alpha and very unhappy.

When I stop before him, his eyes sweep down to take me in. A kindness is engraved in them as well as a fragility that I understand isn't pity.

"Is that really you, Kian?" I ask meekly, reaching out with my thin fingers to touch his face, wanting to be sure. His face is soft and I retract my fingers, letting it hang in the air until he speaks.

"Yes, Kayla. It's me," he captures my hand in his and embraces it with his lips in a small kiss. The familiarity of his gentleness causes my stomach to spin.

He lifts his head and lets my hand go then takes a small step away from me.

"What are you doing here? I can't believe your father let you come here," I mutter.

His head falls down and hangs slightly lowly. His curly auburn locks which seem longer bounces in subtlety. He lifts his head.

"I heard what happened to you. It was horrible but I had to come. You're special to me Kayla, I needed to see you," his eyes etch into mine, the softness imprinting on me to make me feel warmth, something that has eluded me for a long time.

"I'm glad you came, Kian," I have to stop myself from adding, 'I missed you'.

He only smiles at me while I look away, feeling nervous in a way I can't describe. The way he looks at me is different. It's not pity or compassion or indifference or even horror. It's gentleness but not in a mocking way like he believes that I'm fragile, more in a way of understanding.

"Want to go to the creek?" He asks, looking around. "I doubt you ever leave this house."

"Guilty," I force out a giggle that comes out more like a haggard sound in agreement. I never leave this house and I can't decide if it's out of choice or just because no one bothered to ask if I would like to be outside. Either way, the prospect of leaving this house now, excites me.

"Well, come," he urges and I follow like a lost puppy. We leave my house, barely anyone noticing me and I realise that things feel different around here. Air, when you are outside feels far less stuffier than inside. It even smells sweeter. The flowers blooming is a scent I miss despite it causing me to sneeze and Kian laughing at my allergies.

When we reach the creek, I look at the children playing and they entrance me. I am mesmerised by how care free they are. How happy they are. I also notice how peaceful the pack seems. There is no underlying tension unlike when I was Alpha and even the people don't seem to care much about me when their eyes find me.