Fifty Eight

It feels like I am frozen in time when I see her face. Never in my life have I ever laid my eyes on a girl so beautiful. I have met Alphas and I have met females but I've never met anyone that looks like this.

Her light blue eyes are large, having a glowing effect that makes me want to blink away tears from looking at them for too long. When she blinks, it's like her eyes glow brighter. Her straight black hair is as dark as night and so long that when she pushes it back, I can't find the ends. I have never seen so much full straight hair on anyone's head before. But that's not all. Her skin glows endlessly, subtle and bright like it has been touched by the moon. No single blemish. No single scar. No single imperfection. Just flawless porcelain-like skin with full pink cheeks that seem almost doll-like.

By the moon this girl is a life-sized doll. If the moon ever came down to earth to touch a wolf, it was her. It is her.

I only get back to reality when the spoon in her hand finds Matthew's mouth. My fist clenches and I look at Mer. She doesn't react. Matthew doesn't stop this girl either. I walk to his line of vision. When he sees me, he doesn't stop eating. He doesn't push her away and he doesn't even acknowledge my presence.

"Hello Matthew," I greet through pinched lips, not understanding why my skin feels hot suddenly or why I want to rip every single pretty hair on this girl's head out.

"Hi," Matthew replies, not even looking at me. The girl on the other hand looks at me shamelessly. From head to toe, I watch her eyes travel.

"Who's this?" I ask, unable to control myself.

Matthew's eyes find me now. There's an emotion in them for a split second when he looks at me but then he blinks and the emotion is gone. His dark eyes become indifferent. He doesn't look as bad as the last time I saw him. He seems less tired now. His eye bags are less and his skin doesn't seem as dry anymore. His beard is trimmed and his hair is also shorter. He got a haircut.

"Mikayla, this is Rochelle, my assistant," he looks at Rochelle whose curious wide eyes seem to have grown a little wider. "Rochelle, this is Mikayla,"

"His mate," I complete the sentence before I can stop myself again.

Rochelle withdraws the spoon instantly, standing up. She is tall. She is at least two inches taller than me. She pushes her hair back and I watch strands of it disobey her. Her hair stops at her butt.

"It's nice to meet you," she says with a smile, moving towards me. Her voice is soft but velvety like she practiced for years to make the pronunciation of her vowels sound seductive ? She reaches her hand out to shake mine. I take it and while her handshake is firm, mine is reluctant. Her palm is very soft.

"I didn't know that assistants feed their bosses," I look her in the eyes when I say this. She smiles, showing a set of perfect white teeth.

"Alpha Matthew doesn't eat, Luna. You can ask Mer, she'll tell you. We have to make him," again that velvety tone of voice.

"She's right," Mer agrees as she moves past both of us to the fridge. "What would you like to eat, Kayla?"

"Anything's fine," I don't even look at Mer. I just keep looking at Rochelle.

Rochelle looks down at her watch. The manicure on her nails are a beautiful red shade and perfectly done.

"I think I have to leave now," Rochelle announces. She rushes to the chair and picks up her black bag. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Luna."

I don't respond.

"Mer, I'll see you tomorrow and don't worry, this time I won't forget the cake!"