34.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I SIGHED, AS I LOOKED OVER TO see Rosie slowly falling asleep. Her right cheek was squished up against the car window, as she leaned her head onto the window.

She had a little bit of drool dripping down from the side of her mouth.

She still looked absolutely adorable.

As I continued to drive, I would occasionally look over at her and I couldn't help but curse myself for falling in love with my enemy.

--

"Hey, ugly bug. Wake up." I said in a loud, low tone, roughly shaking Rosie.

"Just let me sleep." Rosie sleepily groaned, but, nevertheless, opened her eyes, as she stretched in the car.

She finally took in the destination I drove her to. "The beach?"

I got outside of the car and headed towards the beach, not even waiting for Rosie's response.

"Hey!" Rosie whined, as she ran to catch up to me. "Why are we here, Jungkook?"

"Why not?"

"We don't have time for this, Jungkook." And right when she was about to turn back and head towards the car, I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her next to me to continue walking beside me.

"Jungkook, let go!" I could hear her pout, without even having to look at her. "We are at the beach, when we really should be focused on the wedding that is a week away."

I continued to ignore her and began dragging her with me.

"I'm serious!"

"Take a breather, Park. Let's stay here, at least, for just a moment."

Rosie let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, but only for 30 minutes."

And with that, I let go of her and place my hands in my pockets.

It was mostly silent, as we headed towards the ocean, and once we made it to the shore, I sat down.

Rosie looked down at me, impatience written all over her face.

I patted the spot beside me, "Relax, Rosie." I said, as I looked at her.

She shook her head, before sitting down beside me.

"I was thinking about moving back to Los Angeles, once my mom fully recovers."

Rosie's P.O.V.

My heart dropped at that statement, and wanting some sort of support, I laid on the sand and gazed at the stars that beautifully decorated the sky.

The stars have always brought me comfort and I needed that right now.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Jungkook cocked his eyebrow.

"I'm taking a breather. Come join me." I said, as I looked at him with a smile.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at me, as he noticed that I used his own words against him. He slowly laid beside me, as he, too, looked up at the stars.

"Are you set on that decision?" I softly asked.

"I am and I'm trying to go back into the performing arts school."

"You're leaving again, huh?" I asked, forcing a smile on my face. "Oh, how will I ever celebrate such wonderful news?"

Jungkook tsked at me. "Oh, don't be too depressed, Rosie."

Trying to get rid of the sudden news that was only making me upset, I decided to change the subject. "I love the beach."

"I know you do, Park."

"The sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the smooth, crystal white sand makes it so easy to unwind." I sighed, closing my eyes, as I played with the sand in my hands.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I looked at her soft yet regal facial features and couldn't stop the smile that was forming on my face. I loved every inch of her.

"You're beautiful." I accidentally slipped out and prayed that she didn't catch on to that.

Her eyes shot open in surprise, as she looked at me. "What did you just say?"

I noticed her cheeks turning incredibly pink. Fuck, she heard.

"Uh..." I stuttered, looking at the sky. "The stars are beautiful."

She nodded, but I was aware that she caught my lie.

"Thanks for bringing me here, idiot."

"It wasn't a waste of your precious time."

We continued to talk for the rest of the night, not really caring that we've been here for more than 30 minutes.

"Who in there right mind would eat cold queso?" I was absolutely baffled.

"It taste so good though!" Rosie tried to argue.

I made a face. "That's disgusting."

"Well, at least, I don't eat avocados."

"That shit's delicious as fuck."

She scoffed. "What a load of bull."

"And why?"

"An avocado is a fruit that has such a weird texture and tastes like cardboard."

"Queso is only good when it's hot because it enhances all of the flavors in there."

"Try some cold queso one day."

"Try some avocados then."

"Fuck no." She said, as she looked at her phone. "It's 10:42 p.m., we need to go."

"In a minute." I said, not bothering to move.

"I'm going to make you choke on some sand." Frustration was clear in her voice.

"You're always stressing yourself out way too much, Rosie. I can't imagine how you will be like for your own wedding."

"Dick." Rosie muttered, as she glared at me. I still didn't budge to move an inch.

"This is really the only time you'll be able to relax, so be grateful that I brought you here and use this time wisely."

She scoffed at me. "What do you mean 'we'? You've been lazing around this entire time!"

I sighed, looking at her. "I promise to work just as hard as you to make this wedding the wedding our friends both dreamed of."

"Pinky promise?" Rosie stuck her pinky out in front of me. I sighed, before reluctantly intertwining my pinky with hers for a brief moment. "Pinky promise."

Once I removed my pinky from hers, I held her hand, looking up at the sky.

I felt Rosie tense at the sudden gesture, but she didn't protest.

She shifted, so that she could intertwine her fingers with mine, looking up at the stars, once more.