22.

Rosie's P.O.V.

I TOOK IN A DEEP BREATH, as I laid back in my car seat.

Today was the day for the transplant.

FLASHBACK

"Ms. Park." Someone knocked on my office door.

"Come on in." I said as I looked through my schedule and checked on matters I've attended to.

My secretary, Flora, stepped inside my office with a file on her hand. "This file contains all the information I was able to attain on the transplant."

I shot her a grateful look. "Thank you so much, Flora. I'm sorry for bothering you."

She dismissed me with her hands frantically waving around, redness forming on the apples of her cheeks. "No need, Ms. Park. It's an honor doing such for you."

I threw her a smile. "Get back to work now."

"On it." And with that, she left.

I wasn't able to do research on my own because I was swamped with meetings and clients this past week.

I genuinely felt bad because I normally didn't like having others do things for me. I was given everything when I was younger and sure, I was privileged and should appreciate what I have, but I appreciated it more when I received things from my own sweat and hard work.

Anyways, back to business.

I let out a sigh and opened the file Flora handed me.

END OF FLASHBACK

Despite giving myself countless of pep talks, I was still nervous.

I had visited Ms. Jeon multiple times without Jungkook knowing. My mother and I weren't the closest due to how busy she was constantly traveling for work. She always focused on work and hardly on me. Whenever we'd meet up, it would always end in an argument. We were never on the same page. Although my mother was alive, I never experienced that mother figure everyone would talk about.

Being with Ji Hyun already made me feel as though she was my mother, since she's been there for me more than my own mother has.

I buckled myself up and drove straight to Springly Hospital. My appointment was scheduled to be in the morning and was informed that I might have to stay a night, which I strongly refused because I normally didn't like being in hospitals.

I tried to look for songs on my iPhone that would match well with the situation; however, I wasn't able to. I threw my phone onto the passenger's seat and resorted to just listening to the sound of the wind blowing harshly against me. I regretted not having anyone to accompany me.

I didn't tell anyone of this decision because I thought it was best to keep it to myself.

-------

Once I checked in, a nurse directed me to a room and had me change into a hospital gown. I laid down on the hospital bed and felt my heart begin to race when I saw the doctor walk in.

He asked me questions and all I could do was nod and smile. I had no idea what he was saying.

"You're nervous." The doctor stated, with a gentle smile on his face.

"Yeah." I squeaked.

"There's no one here to give you some company?"

I shook my head.