32.

Rosie's P.O.V.

WE DEPARTED THE CABIN AT AROUND 3 P.M., awkward tension filled the atmosphere because of what had happened last night. None of us knew how to make light of the dark atmosphere.

And for some twisted reason, Jungkook and I were, once more, placed in the same car, while everyone else was in the other.

After a few songs that were intentionally played to fill the tension in the air, I needed to say something.

I bit down my bottom lip and let out a breath. "Thank you."

I focused my eyes on the road ahead of me and played with my phone in my hands. My eyes were still puffy from all the crying I had done last night.

I heard Jungkook sigh, before turning off the radio, allowing silence to completely fill the air.

"What time are rehearsals?" He asked, completely ignoring my 'thank you.'

I turned around to face him, with my knees towards the automatic stick, my hand on the headrest of the passenger's seat and the other, resting on the dashboard. "I just said thank you."

"I know."

"Well, it's your turn to say you're welcome." I said, my voice laced with disbelief. Can he be that stubborn?

He looked over at me, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. "It's no big deal. Saving lives is something I do all day every day."

I rolled my eyes at his joke, letting out a slight laugh, before returning to my previous sitting position, gazing at the road ahead of me.

Jungkook sighed. "I just knew something wasn't right with him and couldn't leave you with that weirdo, so I convinced the guys to come back to help me clean up the spot."

"How did you know?" I asked, curious because even I couldn't detect it and I thought I was pretty good at reading people.

Jungkook's jaw ticked and it was clear that he was pissed. But why? "It's simple. He wanted what a lot of guys typically wanted and he was looking at you in a way that was so sickening...I..."

I nodded, feeling tremendous gratitude towards Jungkook. "The wedding is approaching fast."

"I know, Park. You don't need to remind me." Jungkook moved to turn the radio back on.

"I need to though." I clicked my tongue at him. "You easily forget things."

He scoffed. "That's far from true."

"Oh, but it is true."

"Oh, yeah. When is the wedding?" I glanced at him with raised eyebrows and smirked when I saw how stumped he looked because of that question.

"Um...Soon?"

I snorted, shaking my head.

"Whatever." He looked over at me. "How's your back?"

I ran my fingers, lightly, over my bruised back and winced, as I felt pain shoot through my body. "It's still pretty fresh."

Jungkook's grip on the steering wheel tightened, as his knuckles turned white. "That asshole. I should've killed him."

"Woah there." I said, attempting to tame the raging beast behind the steering wheel. "It's done. You saved me. I'm fine."

The grip he had on the steering wheel loosened and he turned the volume up a notch, probably to avoid listening to my voice.

I looked over at him, but this time, a bit longer.

I couldn't help but smile.