Don't let the past detour you away from your future

I tried my best to clean myself up before returning to the table.  I don’t want any trace of me crying.  The last thing I need is for people to ask me questions I don’t even know the answers to.  I wanted to talk to Kale about the situation.  What if he doesn’t believe me?  What if he was the reason she confronted me?  What if Kale happens to know everything?  There are just so many questions I wish I had the answers to.  The rest of the dinner was quiet.  The drive home was worse.  Once I stop talking, everyone does.  Watching Aaron with Bailey made me sick.  He likes her a lot.  He used to be like that with me.  I had to screw things up between us.  I ruined our friendship, and now I don’t have anyone to share things with.  I love Lea, don’t get me wrong, but I can trust Aaron better for some reason.  It might sound odd, but I feel comfortable.

            When we got home, everyone split and went to bed.  I took a quick shower, hoping the warm water would help me relax and help my mind wonder to something besides my complicated life.  I stepped out and dried off quickly.  I slipped on a t-shirt of Kale’s and a pair of cotton shorts.  I climbed into bed next to Kale, and let my head cave in the pillow below me.  I was laying facing away from Kale.  I felt his arm go tight around my waist, and his warm lips started to roam on the back of my neck.  I would have enjoyed this yesterday, but right now I’m not in the mood.   “Please Kale, not right now.” I said softly, and pushed off his arm.  I didn’t want to act like that towards him.  I heard him huff and turn away from me.  I’m going to be hearing about this tomorrow.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Kale asked.  We had planned a trip to go on an airboat, but I had to get sick.  I have a horrible cold.  Stuffed nose, sore throat, and a headache from hell.  I nodded, “You go and have fun.”

            “You sure you don’t want me to stay—”

I held up my hand to cut him off, “You’ll have fun.  I’ll be here when you get back.”

He smirked and leaned into me, “You better.” He went to kiss my lips, but I shielded my mouth.  “I don’t want you to get sick.” I assured him.

He ignored me and kissed me anyways.  He kissed me several times before leaving me alone.  He didn’t talk to me about how I treated him last night.  I attempted to prop myself up so I was able to breathe.  I turned on the TV and flipped to Oxygen.  Bad Girls Club Marathon all day today.  It might sound stupid, but I actually like this show.  It’s funny how these girls act.  Sometimes their disgusting, and then most of the time they are a little over dramatic.  Seriously, who throws a Panini maker?  They make a situation bigger than it actually is.

            It was quiet besides the girls ranting on TV.  When I started to hear footsteps, that’s when I got a little paranoid.  I heard the door open on the other side of my room, and the shower turned on.  The door slammed, and I jumped a mile.  I stumbled out of bed, and I mean stumbled, and went to the closet.  I rummaged through and the only thing I could find was a feather duster out of all the things.  I thought my dad had some golf clubs around here.  I waited a few minutes before leaving the bedroom and proceeded to the bathroom.  If someone broke in, why would they be taking a shower though?  Wouldn’t you be looking for valuables?

            I stopped at the door when I heard the shower turn off.  I had the duster in hand, ready to swing at the idiot.  My heart was racing as the door slowly started to open.  When I saw who it was, I dropped the duster to my side.  “What the hell are you doing here, Aaron?  You scared the crap out of me!”

He chuckled and pointed to the duster clenched in my hand, “Were you going to dust me to death?”

I breathed, “Why are you here?  I thought you went with them.”