It's over. Period.

Hayden picked a piece of paper from each hat, and read them both. “Cody and Nina are first.” He said. He stood up along with Cody and Nina. Cody and Nina stepped in the closet, and Hayden shut it blocked the door with a chair. Hayden sat back next to Lea, and he nudged her arm. He whispered something to her, and she looked at me with a smile and nodded. When he pulled away from her, they both looked at Aaron and me. They smirked, and I knew they were up to something. Kale was quiet beside me. I felt Aaron lean in closer beside me and whisper, “You know they are going to stick us in there, right?” I could hear the smile in his voice. He was probably right. I just chewed on my bottom lips nervously. I had a feeling Him and Lea had something up their sleeves.

When Cody and Nina stepped out, they sat back in their spots. Hayden opened his mouth to speak and I knew what was coming, “Lea and I are next.” He smiled. He stood up and took Lea into the closet. Yeah, right. He lied. Aaron got up and placed the chair in front of the door. I glanced at Cody, who just had a blank stare. I wonder if he knows what’s going on, and just won’t say anything. I’m not saying anything to him. Cody’s a nice guy, and Lea really should not do that to him. Kale left my side for a minute to use the bathroom, and I was stuck in the room with Aaron, Nina, and Cody. Cody was off somewhere else, but Nina kept glaring at me. What the hell? I haven’t done anything to her. Aaron took a deep breath beside me, and settled. I turned to him, and he was looking down at his hands, “You know about that, right?” I whispered.

He looked at me and nodded with a small smile. “I’ve known since it happened.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? We don’t keep secrets from each other.”

He shrugged, “It wasn’t my secret to tell. He’s my best friend, I wouldn’t rat him out.”

“Yeah, but you can tell him you like me? I hate secrets.”

“I’m sorry. I would have told you if I could. You know that. Like you said, we share everything. I wouldn’t lie to you, Jenny.”

“Yes you would.” I mumbled and turned away from him.

I don’t get why people have been hiding things from me.

A few minutes have passed and Lea and Hayden stepped out of the closet. They both looked, what’s the word…satisfied? In a way, it was kind of creepy. Hayden reached in the girls hat, and read it out loud, “Jenny and—” When he was about to grab a name from the guys hat, I jumped up and snatched it. “I want to see who I get.” I said and sat back in the circle. I pulled a name from the hat, and read it in my head. You have got to be kidding me, “I can’t do this.” I mumbled. I glanced at Aaron and wrinkled my nose.

“Well, who is it?” Hayden asked.

I was about to speak when someone rang the doorbell. Who could that be? We all stood up and went to the door. I opened the door to find a girl, about our age, standing there. I didn’t recognize her. She was pretty though. “Hi, I’m sorry to bother you. My parent’s own the lake house just down the street. I’m Eliz.” She held out her hand to me, and I shook it. “Jenny.” I said.

“I came to ask, have you seen a little white Maltese running around here? She got out this morning. My dad left the gate open.”

I shook my head, “No, sorry,” I turned around and Aaron was the only one standing behind me, “Have you seen a white Maltese?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Oh, well thank you. Sorry to bother you. Have a good night.” She smiled. She walked down the steps of the porch, and disappeared down the sidewalk.

I shut the door, and turned around. Aaron was still standing there, hands stuffed in his pockets. “Who’s that?” he asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. She just lost her dog.”