Are you done avoiding me?

“You know we are throwing you a party for your birthday, right?”

He wrinkled his nose, not happy with the gesture.  “I told you.  I don’t want a party, and I don’t want a present.”  He pulled me closer to him, and we were lying on the same pillow.

                “Then what do you want?” I asked.

                “You.” He said softly, poking my nose.  He leaned into me, meeting my lips.

I kept my eyes closed when he removed his lips from mine.  I opened them slowly, meeting his eyes.  I don’t want to miss a moment looking into Aaron’s eyes.  I realized how quickly he can be taken from me, and I didn’t even know what to do.  I feel lost without him.

                He placed his index finger under my chin, and forces me to keep his gaze.  He searches my eyes before he asks, “What are you thinking about?”

I shake my head, and bury my face in his chest.  “Nothing, I’m just tired.” I lied, and snuggled closer.  His arm went around my shoulders, and the other brushed softly over the side of my face.  He kissed the top of my head, and tucked loose strands of hair behind my ear.  The moment was interrupted with my phone going off.  We both groaned, and I removed myself from the position I was in.  I grabbed my phone from the floor, and looked at the message.  “Who is it?” Aaron asked.

                “Hayden is outside.” I stood up, and grabbed my jacket from the floor as well, slipping it over my shoulders.  Aaron was under the blanket, but his bare chest was the only thing visible.  “Walk me?” I ask.  He nodded, and stood.  He pulled on a shirt as I waited in the door way of his room.  He settles his hands on my hips and kisses me quickly.  I kiss him a few more times, before we made our way outside.  Hayden was standing there against his car, and when he caught sight of Aaron, he smiled.  I’m glad those two still have each other.  They hug, and I smile as well.  When they pull away, they both stare at me.  Hayden had his arm around Aaron’s shoulders.  He looked back and forth between us, “I’m glad to see you two getting along.”

Aaron moves away from Hayden, and wraps an arm around my waist.  He looked down at me, and back to Hayden.  “We are getting along pretty good.”  He kissed the side of my head, and let me go.  “I’ll drive you to school in the morning.”

I shook my head, “No.  You’re not allowed to drive for another week.”

He stood in front of me, and got in my face.  “You can’t stop me from picking you up.” He whispered, and cracked a smile.  He pecked my lips, and turned to Hayden.  “You and I have some catching up to do.”  They wagged their eyebrows at each other.  They hugged quickly like guys would do, and Hayden jumps into the driver’s seat.  Aaron walks me to the other side of the car, but doesn’t open the door right away.  I try to open it myself, but he stops me and closes it again.  “Aaron—” 

                “Don’t worry about me, J.  I’m fine.”

I frown and look up at him.  “I just want you to be okay.”

He takes my face in his hands, “I am okay.  I’m more than okay.  I’m great. Don’t worry, and get some sleep.  I’ll see you tomorrow.” He hugged me tight, and kissed the top of my head as he pulled away.  I got into the car, and closed the door.  Aaron waved before he turned and walked inside the house.  I let out a long sigh when we weren’t in view of Aaron’s house any longer.

“So you are planning him a party, right?” Lea asks, slamming her locker shut.  I closed mine as well, and turned in her direction.  I just shrugged a shoulder, “He said he didn’t want one.”