"Drew has already told me the story . Can I have a look at the script?" Eric said after seating by the table of an austere style .

"Of course . " Lawrence Bender took a thick script from the backpack and pushed it toward Eric .

Eric found that the script was neither named Reservoir Dogs nor Pulp Fiction, it was Seven Colored Robbers instead . He couldn't help but felt choosy about the script and then opened it composedly .

Judging by the name of the script, Eric knew that it had much in common with Reservoir Dogs . Seven Colored Robbers seemed to be echoed with the six robbers of jewelry stores represented in six colors in Reservoir Dogs created in Quentin's previous life . For many scriptwriters, they already had some thoughts in their mind for years before they wrote scripts . But there must be much difference in a script written at different times .

An ordinary person couldn't see such difference . While Eric was lucky enough to encounter such an interesting thing as a time traveler .

The a.s.sistant soon brought three set meals to them along with several bottled waters .

"Quentin and Lawrence, you can have it first . Never mind me . " Raising his head, Eric glanced at Quentin and Lawrence who were gazing at him with expectations .

"Sure, thanks . " Quentin and Lawrence s.n.a.t.c.hed the tableware, opened the bento and grabbed a bite . Actually, they had no appet.i.te under such circ.u.mstance . Instead they seemed to be students awaiting the result of the examination . They ate slower after Eric finished reading the script .

Noticing that they had slowed down having lunch, Eric flipped one more page of the script without telling them again to eat .

The plot of Seven Colored Robbers roughly resembled that of Reservoir Dogs, in which the gang leader gathered together several people who didn't know each other to rob a jewelry store, ending up being ambushed by the police officers . Judging by the name of the script, the number of robbers was increased from six to seven .

At the very beginning of the plot, Quentin's talkaholic style was completely displayed . Then came the failure of robbery and two robbers had to drive away toward the meeting place .

In this script, Quentin imitated several settings in City on Fire, just as what he had done in his previous life . It occurred to Eric that Quentin even went to Hong Kong to explain to the director of City on Fire for that movie, which, in the eyes of Eric, was a report made by the tabloids for putting feathers in their caps .

It only took Eric about 20 minutes to finish reading the whole script of almost 100 pages, because he could compare it with the original version in his mind .

Putting down the script, Eric looked at Quentin and Lawrence who felt uneasy and said: "It's nice . Let's have lunch . "

Hearing what Eric said, they felt relieved . There would be much possibility that Eric invested in this film . To make the film more likely to be invested, Lawrence specifically listed the budget at the end of the script, which was about 1 million US dollars .

They were all convinced this film with a distinctive style would arouse Eric's interest . And the budget of this film was only 1 million US dollars . Eric, with his amount of wealth, would definitely invest in this film . Actually, if it were not they wanted to have the full power of directing the film, they wouldn't have to choose Eric .

Thinking through all of these, Quentin and Lawrence continued to have lunch with an easy mind . They were pretty hungry after waiting for 2 hours outside Fox Studio .

After the lunch, Eric took the script again: "I hear Drew says you two want to direct the film yourselves?"

"Yes, Eric . I...we already have an experience of producing a film . So we think we can handle the script ourselves . "

Nodding his head, Eric didn't say Yes or No and flipped several pages before saying: "You have your own film company, don't you?"

Looking at each other, they didn't understand why Eric would ask such a question . And then Lawrence nodded: "Yes, it's band-apart named by Quentin who got inspiration from Band of Outsiders directed by the film master G.o.dard in his early works .

Eric knew that G.o.dard filmed the popular film King Lear but he didn't know Band of Outsiders . Since he didn't know the hidden meaning of the name of their film company, he wanted to figure it out .

"So Quentin and Lawrence, do you have any interest in joining Firefly Films?" Eric asked .

"Hum?"

"Ah?" They both said a word indicative of their confusion simultaneously .

Eric explained: "I mean, your film company is nothing but a sh.e.l.l company . Do you have interest in joining my Firefly Films? As you know, my company is thriving . "

Quentin and Lawrence looked at each other . They had some understanding of Firefly Films . Although it was established by Eric and most of the films it produced were directed by Eric, it had a strength that couldn't be underestimated . It would be good for them if they could join in the company . However, they were just n.o.body . They couldn't figure out why Eric would invite them to join it . That didn't make sense .

Hollywood (我就是好莱坞) Part Iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें