CHAPTER 69 - CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME ?

While everyone else had left, as usual, Eric went back to the Firefly Studios headquarters to work with the editor. Because Eric had to attend the Golden Globes tomorrow, they didn't do any post-editing this time, they only focused on labeling and presorting the shots.

It didn't require much effort, but it was very time consuming as the two of them had to go through all the material they had acc.u.mulated so far.

In the dimly lit room, Eric looked at his watch and said: "Patrick, that's enough for today."

"Alright, director." Editor Patrick McKinley knew Eric would attend the Golden Globes tomorrow, so he said, his eyes tinged with envy: "I wish you good luck for tomorrow Mr. Williams."

The Golden Globes weren't into technicality, there wasn't any Best Editing, Best Cinematography awards and the like. So although Patrick had worked on Home Alone as an editor, he hadn't been invited to the ceremony.

When Eric drove back to his home in Beverly Hills, the lights were on. In addition to himself, the only ones with a key were Jenny and Drew, but Jenny was still in New York, filming her TV Show "Mary in Action"[1], and obviously couldn't leave the crew. Without a doubt, the goblin was back.

He parked his car and went in. Drew, who was curled up on the couch, raised her head at the sound.

"Hey, Eric." She sleepily said. When Eric sat down next to her, the la.s.s sluggishly laid on his lap.

Eric smiled and squeezed the girl's baby face: "Alright, so why are you here ? Tomorrow isn't the weekend if my memory serves me right."

"But the Golden Globes are tomorrow!" Drew sobered up a bit, and turned her head to face Eric before straightforwardly saying: "It's not skipping this time, I also received an invitation to the ceremony, so I'll be your date tomorrow."

Eric didn't particularly care for the Golden Globes, their awards were too subjective, so their overall value wasn't that high.

However, a month ago, the Golden Globes nominations came out, and Eric couldn't ignore them anymore. His past life's 17 Again had received neither Oscar nor Golden Globe awards, however this time, thanks to the Fox's public relations, Eric's version was now running for two Golden Globes: Best Supporting Actress, and Best Original Score.

Although the Home Alone crew didn't have any public relations, the Golden Globes committee could hardly turn a blind eye to the movie's box office, and so it was nominated for Best Musical or Comedy, and for Best Performance in a Musical or Comedy.

"If I remember correctly, 17 Again's Best Supporting Actress nomination went to Susan Sarandon, not you, right ?" Eric asked, puzzled.

"Who says you can't attend without a nomination ?" Drew innocently blinked her eyes a few times, but confronted with Eric's stare, she quickly spilled the beans: "I asked Kapoor to help me, you know I'm his biggest signed female artist right now, and it was only one invitation, so he contacted the Fox and it was quickly arranged."

Eric snorted: "What I understand is that you'd do about anything to miss out on school."

"Hey!" Drew knocked Eric's thigh with the back of her head and giggled, please
d. She added: "Are you hungry ? There's pizza left in the kitchen."

"I ate at the studio." Eric stood up, "Stop watching TV and go to bed early, we need to go shopping tomorrow morning, we can't attend the ceremony wearing just anything."

Drew also got up and followed behind Eric: "About that, Kapoor has already arranged it. He contacted Versace and they've agreed to sponsor us, I've chosen a few sets of clothes, they'll come in tomorrow morning, we can try them on then."