Chapter 105 - Circles

Jonathan almost started dancing in joy, of course, this was only his inner impulse, on the surface he will certainly not show it.

"Eric, thank you, thank you for giving me this opportunity, I promise I'll make a movie that will satisfy you."

Looking at the middle-aged man in front of him trying to conceal his happiness, Eric also revealed a smile: "Jonathan, for the specific director contract, you can go to the Firefly headquarters tomorrow to talk to Jeffrey about it... and I think, you'd better go back home to sleep"

"What?" Jonathan felt that some of Eric's words were out of hand, he slept very little for an entire week, but now that he managed to get this opportunity every cell in Jonathan body was in state of excitement, without any sense of exhaustion: "Eric, I'm not tired, maybe we can talk more about the movie, I still have a lot of ideas."

Jonathan said, patting the thick stack of papers in front of him.

Eric shook his head and firmly refused: "Jonathan, I understand that in order to get this opportunity you put in a lot of effort, maybe you didn't carefully look at the mirror these days, right?"

Jonathan touched the stubble on his face and said: "I'm sorry, Eric. I just washed my face this morning, and didn't have time to shave"

"No," said Eric: "It's not the Facial hair, It's your eyes. Your eyes are bloodshot, probably caused by lack of sleep. So, listen to me this time, go back and take a good night of sleep, your health comes first"

At Eric's insistence, Jonathan had to get up and go home.

... ...

The next day, Jonathan signed the contract with the Firefly, there was no profit split agreement for Jonathan, he only got $500 thousand as a fee, he signed it without thinking. Because this opportunity for him is the most important, once 《The Others》 become successful, he will be able to completely get rid of the previous B-film circle and step into a new world.

On the surface, Hollywood is the place where the American dream happens most frequently, some obscure little actor, or some small director, because a film he worked on sold well, suddenly entered the ranks of top actors, and top directors, sought after by film companies and praised by the general public.

But in fact, in Hollywood, there are more invisible barriers then you can imagine, There are circles for all types of movies, B-cla.s.s movies have a B-cla.s.s circle, low-cost films have a low-cost circle, big productions have a big production circle, even the p.o.r.n industry has its own circle.

Each of these circles, although they have mutual intersection, but if you originally belonged to one of those circles and want to jump to another circle, you'll find out in this process, that there will be a barrier or an obstacle in front of you, slowly, many people give up the struggle, and stayed in their own circle.

Fortunately, occasionally some people are lucky enough to jump from a lower circle to a higher circle, and suddenly shine, then they became the representatives of the American dream.

... ...

After Jonathan Demme signed the contract, all the directors of Eric's films were confirmed. 《Steel Magnolias》 has already started shooting, followed by 《Running Out of Time》, 《Scent of a Woman》 and 《The Others》 those three films will enter the casting stage soon.

Alth

ough the three films have identified some of the leading roles, the remaining roles are still vacant. In Eric's first two movies, even if just a supporting role, many people's careers have risen directly to a new level. So, after the Firefly released the audition news, Hollywood second and third line actors circle was almost boiling up. And many first line actors showed their interest.