CHAPTER 20 - MOVIE PREVIEW

While everyone in the theater, including Aniston who hadn't been a part of the shooting, were all clearly aware of the Home Alone's contents, with the progress of the story, especially when Kevin pranked the two robbers, everyone couldn't help but burst out of laughter, and even Jeffrey who was in his mid-fifties was roaring.

The one hour forty minutes film unwittingly ended, and once the last line of the ending titles disappeared, everyone stood up and applauded together.

"I really have to admit, this movie is really too great. Eric, I think I should congratulate you in advance." Jeffrey Hanson patted Eric on the shoulder, and seriously said.

"Thank you, Jeffrey, I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help. At least, I wouldn't be able to complete Home Alone in about two weeks of time."

People greeted each other for a while, then they gradually dispersed, after all, everyone there had things to do. They had intended to throw a small party to celebrate, but seeing Eric's unshaven and tired face, they very consciously gave up on the idea. Their director had overexerted himself for half a month, they were all aware that he needed to rest.

The next step was to plan the film's release. Since he'd have to go to the 17 Again preview screening tomorrow, Eric thought it would be a good opportunity to partner up with the 20th Century Fox's Distribution Department, he believed that as long as the executives watched the movie, they would agree to get it out on schedule. Although he'd have to share some of the profits, he didn't really have a choice as he was without any foundation at all.

Perhaps waiting after the 17 Again release would have made things easier for Home Alone, but by that time, even the New Year would have passed. As a Christmas comedy, it had to naturally be released at that period, and Eric didn't want to wait another year to release it as they had put so much efforts into this.

Annie had obtained a temporary license, she drove Eric in his car back to his home, and the tired young man put the copy of the movie away, and dove on his bed, unwilling to open a single eye.

Aniston had planned for Eric to shower before going to sleep, but seeing him plunge head first in his sheets and noticing his tired looking face, she only uttered a sigh before taking his clothes and shoes off, covering him up with a blanket and getting out of the room.

Eric hadn't been home for over half a month, and since there was no one to clean up, the place was already full of dust. Aniston rolled up her sleeves and went to find some cleaning tools. Unlike her Friends alter-ego "Rachel", a spoiled girl who didn't even know how a washing machine worked, the real Annie had long since been self-reliant.

On the desk in the study, Aniston found a variety of books on the subject of "basic music theory". She picked some up and used a rag to wipe the dust when a document suddenly slipped out of one of the books. Aniston curiously picked it up and found out it was a mortgage agreement.

......

He didn't know how long had passed, but it was probably noon when Annie had asked him if he wanted something to eat Eric had groggily refused and fell asleep once more. When he woke up again, it was already dark.

Eric turned on the lights and looked at his watch; it was way past nine.

He thought that Annie had left, but as he dressed and got out of the bedroom, he could faintly hear the sounds of the TV coming from the living room.

Downstairs, he saw her curled up on the sofa, her arms hugging a pillow as she watched TV.

"Hey, Annie, good evening." Eric walked over, and kissed her cheek.