CHAPTER 40 - IDEAL LEAD ACTRESS

Eric nodded, and turned around: "Jeff, I'm hosting a party at my place tonight, I'll need a chef and a waiter, and so..... I thought of you."

Catering for a party was a very profitable business, Jeff gladly listened and said: "No problem, I'll get you Vanessa and Cindy."

"For the chef, Vanessa is not a problem, but as for the waiting, how about you let Miss Julia go instead ?"

Julia Roberts looked at Jeff and hesitated slightly before nodding her head.

This settled, Eric casually started chatting with his ex-boss, writing down what he wanted to be on the menu for tonight. He had been a waiter in the restaurant before, so he was familiar with all the dishes.

Once it was done, Jeff took the paper, looked at the girl who was still standing next to them and said: "Julia, you come help me. Eric wait a bit, I'll be right back."

Eric nodded.

When they came to the kitchen, Julia noticed that Jeff had handed the paper to a chef, she was startled and asked: "Sir, what do I need to do ?"

Jeff looked her up and down, besides her slightly plumper lips, the girl wasn't particularly attractive, he seriously couldn't understand.

"Julia, do you know who Eric is ?"

Julia was somewhat confused: "Sir, I'm not sure, I only came to L.A a few months ago."

Jeff didn't bother beating around the bush with her as he straightforwardly said: " You ought to know about Home Alone, right ? Don't you know who directed it ?"

Julia's eyes instantly widened, she remembered recently seeing the young director's picture in the papers, and he really did look like him: "You're saying that..... that....."

At this time, anyone in the whole of North America who hadn't heard about Home Alone and its miraculous teenage director was probably from Mars.

"Yes, that's him. When we were talking, I mentioned that you were an actress. Originally, Eric was probably only going to ask for a chef, but he later added a waiter and also specifically asked for you."

Once Julia who hadn't been cast in almost a year heard Jeff's words, she flushed with excitement. She had participated in a lot of auditions this year, but all ended in failure, so no one other than her could better understand how important an opportunity this was.

"So," Jeff patted the girl's shoulder: "Eric will soon shoot his new movie, you play your cards right, and you might just land yourself a role."

"Thank you for the heads up, sir."

Jeff smiled and waved his hand, he actually had some selfish motives in mind. After Eric rose to fame, thanks to the boy's past experience in the restaurant, the paparazzi had come many times leading to the establishment gaining quite a bit of reputation in the area. If another well-known celebrity popped up from here again, business would definitely soar to renewed heights.

......

"Mr. Williams, do you mind if I board with you ?"

Eric had just pulled out his keys to start the car, he didn't expect that Julia Roberts who was supposed to be sitting in the chef's van to suddenly appear in front of him.

"Not at all, Miss Julia. Please get in."

Casually glancing at the girl in the passenger's seat, he noticed she had gotten out of her waitress' uniform. She had applied some light make-up and was wearing a dark red jacket with light-colored jeans, whose fabric perfectly showcased her taught and slender legs. Right now Julia was only 21 years old, and although her appearance wasn't quite up-to-par, her body was exuding a youthful aura of invincibility.