Chapter 118 - Tango girl

Eric also knows that behind this article must be the hands United Artists, for their own interests they will do anything to suppress and discredit their competitors. This kind of trick has been routinely used in all walks of life, but this simple and crude method can achieve good results almost every time.

After eating breakfast, he put Virginia's share in the fridge and said goodbye to the girl who was still lying on her bed. Eric drove the Jeffrey Buick to Firefly's office because some actresses still need to audition today.

As soon as he arrived at the office, he was taken into Jeffrey office, he didn't have to ask. Just by looking at the dirty looks his employees was giving him, he could predict what's going on. The Los Angeles times is the most famous newspaper in Los Angeles, in this era, there was no internet, so to get information people mainly depend on the paper media and television. In the great Los Angeles area newspaper subscription rate for residents is still quite high, So, Eric was sure, everyone in the company has seen or heard of the news.

In the face of Jeffrey's worried eyes, Eric hastened to explain: "Jeffrey, I know that this is indeed my fault. But Jennifer Connelly has rejected the role, So, when the list of the cast is published in the future, this rumor will collapse on itself."

Jeffrey sighed, "Well, Eric, I hope you know what you're doing. Do you need me to contact Kapoor to do some PR?""

Eric shook his head and said: "There's no need. If we try to explain this kind of thing they will consider it a cover-up, the best way to deal with this problem is to ignore it."

Jeffrey nodded and handed Eric a copy of a document: "Those are the final offers the sponsors give. Except for Motorola, everything else has been decided, the total is 3 million 400 thousand dollars. If you have no opinion, I'll sign these contracts today."

Eric took the document and started reading it, Motorola's offered $3 million, but they are waiting until the negotiation with Cruise and Hanks are finished to sign the contract. Everything else has been set, the next highest offer was by Lamborghini they offered $800 thousand. And the lowest offer was by Marvel Comics only $100 thousand, for a scene in the movie where Andy was reading Comic books before he robbed a finance company, because the scene was short Eric wasn't sure the Ad would sell.

Seeing the name of Marvel Comics, Eric unconsciously touched his chin, this is a big gold mine, in the future in order to alleviate their financial pressure Marvel started ma.s.s selling the rights to their superhero characters.

... ...

As the two men were talking, Alan Fisemann knocked on the office door: "Eric, Mr. Hansen, Audition time is up."

"I'll come right away, you go ahead," Eric answered.

"Jeffrey, sign the contracts. and have a good rest this weekend, because starting next week, we will start working on 《Running Out of Time》."

"I know," Jeffrey nodded, then said with resentment: "As long as you don't come to hara.s.s me late at night again, I"ll take a good care of myself."

"I won't," Eric waved his hand as he walked out of the office.

... ...

Perhaps because they heard or read the news in the newspapers, many actresses were absent-minded during the auditions.

Eric was too lazy to remind them to focus, if they don't have the drive to chase this opportunity, they can only blame themselves.

"Next, Miss Gabrielle Anwar."

A petite woman, about eighteen years old, came in, although she was wearing black high heels, the girl height was still less than one meter seven.

"h.e.l.lo, everyone. My name is Gabrielle Anwar."