CHAPTER 66 - FRAGRANT FLOWER

After Al Pacino pretended to clumsily drive the Lamborghini Diablo away from the party, the shooting for the day was over. The crew had been working for close to eight hours.

As long as it went on like this, Eric believed that they could wrap everything up in four weeks time, so although he still had plenty of energy to spare, he didn't ask them to work overtime.

In Europe, overtime hours are frowned upon. It's basically impossible to have Europeans work overtime, and in some countries, they even put restrictions on the company at this effect, while some even impose high taxes on them. To have Americans work overtime, you better be ready to cough up money and make vacation promises, or you might get the labor union on your tail.

In accordance to what had initially been decided, once the shoot was done, the party to celebrate the start of the filming finally started.

Melodious and soothing music resounded over the room, and Eric politely turned down the invitations to dance of several beautiful women, instead opting to sit on a sofa in the corner of the room. He began discussing the upcoming shooting schedule with Jeffrey, and as he glanced at the dance floor out of the corner of his eye, his sights soon stopped on Julia and Al dancing together.

Julia had quit her job as a waitress, and after receiving a down payment of her paycheck, had followed Eric's earlier advice and moved into an apartment in Beverly Hills.

Although she didn't have any scenes today, the girl was still actively doing her best, offering her services to the crew if they needed it, and even seeking out Al to rehea.r.s.e some of their mutual lines.

Eric was very pleased with Julia's att.i.tude, considering that, besides the a.s.sistant who was a.s.signed to her, the agency hadn't given her any preferential treatment.

Actually, even Al Pacino hadn't received any, he came to work in his own car and left likewise. In order to save up budget, the crew had only rented a trailer for the actors to put makeup on and dress up. Obviously, this was only a one-time thing, when the two actors would shoot their next movie, they would definitely not receive this kind of 'cheap' treatment.

Jeffrey, who was chatting with Eric, found the man was out of sorts. He followed the youth's line of sight and quickly grasped the object of his focus.

"You're not jealous, are you Eric ?"Jeffrey playfully said, he was all too clear about what had happened between his friend and the young woman.

Eric shook his head. Since he did have an intimate relationship with Julia, it was impossible for him not to feel anything when seeing her dancing with Al like a pair of even-matched lovers.

However, he didn't intend to claim the girl, she was simply not his type. Eric, you see, was a senior member of the 'Appearances DO matter' club, and to him, Julia had simply not reached his required standards of beauty, yet.

"I'm happy to know they get along with each other." Eric casually said, "Look, only one week has pa.s.sed since they've been introduced to each other, and they're already getting along. Don't you think they've got great chemistry ?"

At Eric's words, Jeffrey looked back at the dance floor. Julia and Al Pacino were whispering and gazing into each other's eyes, appearing every bit like a loving couple.

"It does indeed look like it. Eric, do you think that Julia will fall fo
r Al once the shooting is over ?"

As he thought of Julia's past pa.s.sionate and sensitive personality, he said: "It's possible, but Al will definitely not humor her, his girlfriend is pregnant after all."