Chapter 122 - CAA Revelation

Because Michael Ovitz insists on CAA staying a private company, even after the company has now developed into an industry giant, but it is still not listed. So, although this was a menacing storm, as long as the proper response is made, this storm won't cause too much real harm to CAA, but the company business will still be affected for the next few months. Even the second and third line artists that were poached by other brokerage firms won't have any impact on CAA, The number of artists CAA has reached more than six thousand people, taking a few dozen artists from them won't even make them itch.

But superstars leaving is another thing, especially a star on the level of Tom Cruise, he has a lot of influence among other Hollywood actors, Tom Cruise departure, will definitely give the other superstars a false signal.

Michael Ovitz's reaction was very fast, the day Cruise left, all of CAA's partners, brokers and signing artists received a letter written by Michael Ovitz himself, clarifying why Cruise left, and also earnestly added some words to enumerate the brilliant achievements of CAA over the years, and the tremendous changes CAA brought to the actors, hoping that everyone will not be affected by public opinion and that CAA future will be even brighter.

But this letter didn't prevent the deterioration of the situation, three days after Tom Cruise left, several other superstars, left CAA for a variety of reasons.

These stars joined CAA because of Michael Ovitz's series of bundling strategy, which led to a substantial increase in their income, but with the general increase in income of Hollywood stars becoming the norm, even if they left to other brokerage firms, they can still get a very high paycheck. Plus when Cruise suddenly left he caused a panic in CAA, so this was the best time to move, with the news of other stars leaving CAA, become known, more and more stars began to falter.

Michael Ovitz who was badly scorched by the flames of this storm, cursing Tom Cruise, he lowered his head and Personally started trying to pursue the big actors who want to leave, he hasn't done this kind of thing for a long time.

--- ---

And in the other corner of the city, Eric, who benefited the most was laughing his a.s.s off, he wasn't the instigator of this storm, but he certainly wasn't going to let this chance g

o, this is a good opportunity, to stop CAA from dominating Hollywood for the next ten years, like they did in his past life.

"Eric, why are you suddenly looking for me, I declare in advance that my hands are full, four is the limit of my ability, I don't want you to send any more people my way."

Kapoor was in full swing when he appeared in Eric office when CAA encountered this misfortune, he will be a hypocrite if he said he wasn't happy, he was so happy even his bald head got a bit shinier.

Eric leaned back in his chair and said: "What if it was Tom Hanks?"

"Who?" Kapoor p.r.i.c.ked up his ears and leaned slightly forward.

"Tom Hanks," Eric repeated.

Kapoor showed a big smile, and said: "Eric, are you sure, if he accepts, then I'll bite the bullet and take him."

"bite the bullet? if I didn't see the huge smile on your face, I would have pitied you" Eric ridiculed.

Kapoor did not care about Eric's ridicule, and asked, "Eric, are you sure you can dig Tom Hanks?"

Eric shook his head, "No, but I'm going to try. I've made an appointment with Hanks for dinner tonight, and he agreed."

Kapoor is confidence that Eric can succeed, the young man has brought him too many surprises: "Eric, maybe you can also try head hunting Tom Cruise to UTA, he has no brokerage company now."