Chapter 140 - I Need a Maid

In the bright office, Eric appreciated the beautiful of her little baby fat face for a while, his eyes gradually lost focus, and he couldn't help but think of the divorce case of the previous life. It should be next year. Even though Eric at that time doesn't care much about entertainment gossip, but Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman are really too famous. Now that he is in that circle, it is impossible to to avoid hearing people talking about this kind of news.

But until the two officially divorced, the specific reasons behind their divorce was not exposed, and all kinds of speculations were flying everywhere.

The most interesting of the few guesses Eric heard was that the two got divorced because of Kubrick's 《Eyes Wide Shut》, as Kubrick had Nicole play around with a male model, Gary Cuba, in the movie. The relationship between the two was said to have produced irreconcilable cracks. With Kubrick's personality, Eric though tis matter was quite likely, but Kubrick was a jerk and not a madman. Though the truth of the matter is unlikely to be disclosed because of Cruise, and even this news came out after the divorce only.

Two years before the couple divorced, a maid of the Cruise family accidentally revealed to the media that the two people were not getting along when they were at home, and there was no conversation between them. The maid had succ.u.mbed to a lawsuit because of this news. After winning the lawsuit, the Cruises also publicly showed a few intimate moments to maintain their image, but after two years the couple divorced inexplicably.

The media at the time speculates several reasons for the divorce. Firstly, some thought that Nicole had given Cruise a green hat and cheated on him, and as such her child that she bore for three months was not Toms. Eric thought this was the most likely, as Nicole left him with only the clothes on her back on her back, and the disposition of a western women would have meant that she should have taken half of Toms property, as Californian law states that after ten years of marriage the woman is ent.i.tles to half and Nicole signed the divorce days before their tenth anniversary. When George Lucas divorced his wife he lost a huge amount of property and had to sell Pixar. Viacom's chairman Sumner Redstone was also overwhelmed by his wife's divorce. Lacking a prenuptial agreement, Nicole would have been ent.i.tled to half of Tom Cruise's vast 360 million USD fortune, but it is said that she left with just one piece of art after the divorce.

In that moment in the office, Nicole Kidman noticed Eric's sorrowful expression with a little dissatisfaction. Am I not attractive? The man who is three years her younger was distracted.

After a few more minutes of silence, Nicole finally couldn't take it and spoke first: "Eric?"

"Oh, sorry, Nicole, I was remembering something." Eric finally recovered. He apologetically smiled towards Nicole and asked: "Nicole, your file shows that you were developing well in Australia, why did you suddenly make the move to Hollywood?"

"All actors globally yearn to prove themselves in Hollywood, and I am no exception, so I hope I can develop myself in Hollywood for the better."

"It's not easy, you haven't even shot a Hollywood movie before, and if you wanted to prove yourself in Hollywood, you shouldn't be auditioning for a role in a TV drama."

"I just... didn't find the right role," Nicole fumbled for a reason within her guilty conscience: "I think this TV show should be good, so I came to try."

Nicole might have wanted a role in a movie, but she had no luck in her life. She came to Hollywood at the beginning of the year. Like all the budding new actors, she came to the centre of global cinema with all kinds of unrealistic fantasies. Several months later, she had partic.i.p.ated in several auditions, but only got a role in one film. It was a small supporting role in which she couldn't even be counted as a vase. In the end, she had to turn her attention to TV series. From the small screen to the big screen, was the road to fame of many Hollywood stars.