Chapter 124 - The Oscar

THE OSCAR PART 1

The next day, "The Hollywood Reporter" used a full four pages, to published the full article Eric wrote, keeping the same t.i.tle "CAA revelation: how the broker giant was formed". Eric also chose not to take the $1800 royalties they offered, what's more, because he was unable to explain the sources of the details in the article, he chose to anonymously publish it in the newspaper.

The publication of this article, immediately caused huge waves in the Hollywood circle, almost overshadowing the upcoming 61st Academy Awards that were gonna happen in a few days.

Most of the forces who were still immersed in smearing CAA reputation, suddenly calm down and focused them attention on the Article.

The next few days, the entire US media was boiling, this highly professional article was even reprinted a second time, and a large number of newspapers even followed the trend by publishing studies of the article.

After reading the article, the senior executives of other brokerage firms, finally found out why they couldn't stop the rise of CAA.

The majority of film companies also fully understand why their production costs kept rising, and why they couldn't stop it.

Michael Ovitz also saw the article a few hours after it was published in the newspaper, it took him half an hour to finish reading it, he was frowning the entire time he was reading the article. Even he couldn't help but be overwhelmed with admiration for the author of this masterpiece, the article discussed many things that coincide with his recent ideas, and some things even he didn't notice he was doing. It was precisely because of this idea that he tried to take part in SONY acquisition of Columbia.

But after thinking about what this article will do to his company, Ovitz was so angry he even started thinking about killing the author of the article. Because this article directly placed CAA business strategy in front of all his competitors, before CAA's rivals could only try imitating CAA Bundling Strategy, which involved many complex operation processes. But with this article as a reference, as long as those compet.i.tors are a little bit ambitious, they will certainly make a series of reforms to their business strategy, even if they didn't completely imitate CAA model, they will not be defenseless in front of CAA expansion.

Unfortunately, "The Hollywood Reporter" even made a special statement on the front page of the article, looking for the author of the article, but they didn't receive any response.

Two days after the article was published, William Morris Agency CEO publicly said that if the author of the article is willing, WMA will pay him five percent of the company shares in exchange for him joining WMA as a vice president. Although the scale of WMA now is below what it was in the past, but it is still a century-old brokerage firm, the difference between CAA and WMA is not much, five percent of the shares means getting tens of millions of dollars. The same day after the announcement, many people with fake "CAA Revelation" ma.n.u.script, went to WMA headquarters trying to swindle them.

--- ---

A few days later, Once again, another big star chose to leave CAA like Tom Cruise and several other big stars did, this star is Tom Hanks, except this time this superstar didn't transfer to a large brokerage firm like IMG and WMA, but instead he transferred to United Talent Agency (also known as UTA), Eric Willams personal brokerage firm.

Moreover, Tom Hanks didn't transfer alone, Eric didn't know what method he used, but Hanks was even able to convince his agent a CAA gold medal agent to jump companies with him.

This news caused a variety of speculation in the industry, stealing a gold broker from CAA isn't an easy thing, most of them start from the most basic job as a mail clerk. Then they climb the job ladder step by step, after more than ten years of work, when they prove their strength, they become brokers. Then several years later if they have enough qualifications they become gold brokers, with annual salaries of more than one million dollars.