CHAPTER 39 - TEACH YOU A LESSON

Eric spent more than an hour at John Aniston's before leaving. Somehow unwilling, he circled around Los Angeles International Airport to try and spot Annie, but to no avail. He estimated she had probably already boarded a flight to New York.

Through his conversation with John, Eric learned of Annie's difficulties, and realized he had also underestimated how strong she was.

Thinking about it again, it was indeed true. The past Aniston had been the one to take the initiative to divorce after finding out about Pitt's unfaithful ways, and compared to those women who would do anything to even get one more penny out of it, she hadn't even requested for an alimony.

Eric decided to let her breathe and put this matter aside for a while.

He drove home with this mindset, but started to get a headache when he thought about how he would have to explain the situation with Drew in the future.

He didn't intend to give up on Annie, this was his first woman since his rebirth, he was quite possessive, he'd definitely get that stubborn girl back.

He returned home to find an already dressed up and ill at ease Drew, sitting on the living room sofa. Eric scratched his head: now then, how exactly was he supposed to deal with this little goblin ?

He certainly couldn't just let this pass, otherwise the lass would probably never learn the lesson.

He calmly sat down on the other sofa, and picked up a newspaper to read.

Drew saw Eric come back sullen, and in silence, it was as if she didn't exist and like nothing had happened. This only added to her anxiousness.

Although she had always wanted to snatch Eric from Aniston, she had never intended it to be because of this kind of misunderstanding. She was a smart girl, she obviously knew that this method would not only, not get her Eric, it would also make him hate her.

And now, with the events from this morning, even if it was unintentional, she was still the primary culprit. Seeing Eric's expression, she knew they must've broken up.

In order to melt the ice, Drew got up and ran to the kitchen. Bringing back Aniston's breakfast over, she put it in front of Eric in a small plate and intently stared at him.

"Eric, just now Mr. Hunt from the Fox called to discuss about a contract."

"Uh uh." He hummed two syllables as acknowledgment.

"Eric....." Drew lightly cried, as she moved a small step towards him.

Teaaaar –

Eric forcefully turned the newspaper page, frightening Drew who had intended to sit down besides him as she quickly moved away.

After a while, seeing he hadn't had another reaction, Drew slowly moved over. She threw herself in front of him, and her face brushed past his knee as she started sobbing. She was really scared that he would loathe or ignore her, if he really did, what was the meaning of living anymore ?

"Eric, I'm sorry.... Sob, I'm so sorry,.... I didn't mean to..... I'll help you explain to Aniston....."

Feeling the petite body trembling near his feet, Eric sighed. He had intended to give the girl a lesson, but seeing her like this, his heart softened.

He was about to speak, when he saw Drew turn around and bend over the coffee table, her back facing him: "Eric just.... Just hit me okay ? Just please don't hate me."

Eric put aside his newspaper. In this position, the water green dress was tightly wrapping her, and it emphasized her well-developed body, her natural slender waist, and her beautiful heart-shaped perky butt. Her pair of jade colored little feet exuded a certain allure.