CHAPTER 70 - HOW FAR CAN YOUR SPIT FLY ?

Kapoor had timed everything accurately, and they arrived at the Beverly Hilton at 4:20pm. The ceremony wouldn't start until 5pm.

The waiting area was packed with small groups chatting. With a casual glance, Eric spotted Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, and Sigourney Weaver. These giants from his past had seemed so out of reach back then.

After his last six months in Hollywood, there were very few people who didn't know Eric, so whether they had met before or not, once they spotted him, they would nod in a friendly way.

He walked through the huddle of guests and arrived at the Home Alone's crew area. Maybe it was arranged by the organizers, the 17 Again crew was right next to them.

Eric first went towards them and greeted Penny Marshall, Susan Sarandon and the rest. Drew took the initiative to release Eric's arm and stay with the 17 Again crew.

Compared to the other areas, Home Alone's seemed deserted. Jeffrey was still in New York, while the two actors who played the robbers were busy shooting another movie.

Matthew Perry had been the first the be signed, snatched away by the WMA. However, unlike some others, he was courteous enough to show up at the get-together Eric had organized during the Christmas season, and had expressed his willingness to work with the young director again.

In comparison, the Runkle couple's attitude had been a disappointment.

"Charlie, Mary, good afternoon." Turning towards the Home Alone crew, Eric smiled and shook hands with the two of them. The couple's faces were glowing, the media had always focused on their son, it was the first time they had attended this kind of event.

"Hello, Eric." The couple smiled and returned the handshake, but anyone could see they were straining themselves. They had changed.

Eric didn't mind, he squatted next to them and was about to cheerfully greet Stuart when a voice abruptly interrupted: "Mr. Williams, we meet again."

Eric hadn't noticed that there was someone else standing next to the couple. The last time he had seen the middle-aged man was when the latter was storming out of a conference room: CAA agent, Horner Willie.

The CAA operated in a certain way, and if that man was here, it was obviously because he had been one of the agents assigned to Stu. However.... Eric knitted his brows, he still remembered how the guy had acted during their last meeting. There could be only one reason why he had chosen to come instead of someone else: intimidation.

Eric coldly glanced at the man's outstretched hand, and blankly said: "Hello Mr. Willie, it's nice to see you."

Although he said so, his tone was completely detached. Horner, however, seemed pleased with himself. He smiled, and took his hand back, not appearing strained at all.

As a first class agent, he didn't need to attend today's events, but he had personally chosen to. Eric's previous refusal had been akin to a slap to the man's face, and the reason he had come here was to make the youth realize that, since Stuart was now a CAA signed artist, he would need to bow to the CAA if he wanted to shoot Home Alone's sequel.

However, Horner Willie actually mistook Eric's disdainful demeanor for fear, so when he saw him bend over to pick Stu up, he stepped forward and said: "Mr. Williams, Stuart is now my client, if there's anything you need, you'll have to address me, there's now use fawning over the child I'm afraid."

Eric swept Horner Willie up and down, and noticing the man's meticulously coiffed hair and unblemished clothes, the corner of his lips rose. He leaned towards Stuart and whispered: "Stu, I know you hate the guy, wanna show him how far your spit can fly ?"