Chapter 125 - After Party

Patiently waiting for Geena Davis to finish her speech, Eric went down the stage with her, and after giving her another hug, he returned to his seat.

---- ----

In this three hours Eric like most of the audience had to laugh over and over again at the unfunny jokes the guest presenters told on stage.

《Home Alone》 was only nominated for the best soundtrack award which can be ignored.

As a young man who broke into Hollywood for more than six months, he made great achievements, and more than once he suffered from all sorts of jokes aimed at him by the guest presenters. So the camera lens often sweeps over him or took close ups of him. In this situation, Eric didn't have the chance to relax. But Eric did not feel bored. Instead, he relished the contrast between this version of the Oscar ceremony and the Oscar ceremonies ten years later.

An hour and a half into the show, Eric found that the biggest difference between the Oscar now and the Oscar in the future, is that most of the award-winning works such as 《Rain Man》, 《Working Girl》, 《Beetlejuice》 and so on are commercial films. Unlike 10 years later, when most of the winners are politically correct films or extreme art films.

So after more than two hours, most of the major awards have been awarded, it was the technical awards turn. After the best cinematography award was presented, the best animated short film award come-up. The ones who cared the most about those type of awards are the directors, producers, and the film crews, and there was a lot of them in this auditorium.

The guest presenter for the best animated short film award is Carrie Fisher who starred in 《Star Wars》, feeling the audience expectations, Carrie Fisher quickly give a brief introduction of the nominees, opened the envelope and read: "The winner of the best animated short film is 《Tin Toy》, by John La.s.seter."

Hearing the applause, Virginia once again glanced at Eric. After receiving a look of encouragement, she got up and walked to the stage.

The name Carrie Fisher announced was obviously a male name, but the one walking to the stage is a beautiful woman wearing a blue strapless dress, most of the audience in front of their TV's were questioning who is this Goddess.

"Who is this?"

"What a beautiful girl!"

"It's strange to have a girl be named John!"

The organizer obviously know who she was, so after Virginia walked on stage, the camera directly zoomed to Eric's face, giving him a big close up. Eric secretly had the urge to flee, but could only sit tightly in his seat, with a blank look on his face. As if he didn't know that the camera was focusing on him.

Trying to pretend he didn't know anything didn't have much effect on the audience in the auditorium, especially when Eric's face showed on the huge screen, some of the crowd surrounding Eric quickly give him some playful smiles.

Many people in front of the TV was also able to make the connection, especially those who pay attention to gossip news, they quickly remembered the ident.i.ty of Virginia, they also remembered that Eric Williams himself personally wrote a movie script just for her.

--- ---

In an apartment in Manhattan, New York, Jennifer Aniston was sitting on a sofa, while holding a teddy bear Eric brought her. She spent the whole night sitting there motionless, staring at the TV. Hoping to see her boyfriend just one more time, she even looked forward to the times those presenters ridiculed him. But every time she saw Eric, her eyes couldn't help but involuntarily look at the girl sitting beside him.