Chapter 119 - Determined Woman

Although Brooke Shields is twenty-four-year-old this year, she started her acting career at the age of 12, her first movie was a horror/slasher film called 《Alice, Sweet Alice》, two years later in the year 1978 at the age of 14 she starred in two films 《Pretty Baby》 and 《King of the Gypsies》.

But after that, her career become a disaster. Brooke Shields was the first actress to get the Golden Raspberry Award for worst actress in 1981, and again in 1982 she was nominated for the 'worst actress award', then in 1985 she was nominated for 'worst actress' and won the 'worst supporting actress award'. Then again in 1990, she was nominated for the 'worst actress of the decade', but unfortunately, she lost it to actress Bo Derek for her roles in 《Bolero》 and 《Tarzan, the Ape Man》, instead, she won the 'worst supporting actress award'.

Then in 2000, she was nominated for the 'worst actress of the century'. Unfortunately, Madonnawon that one for her roles in 《Body of Evidence》, 《Shanghai Surprise》, 《Who's That Girl》, etc.

Brooke Shields acting was so bad that if you try looking for a worse actress than her in Hollywood you can only find Madonna, which can tell you how bad she was at acting.

If it weren't that this role didn't require good acting skills, Eric, wouldn't have allowed her to attend this audition, even though she is beautiful he wouldn't joke about the quality of his film.

Because the role of the audition is set for a working girl, most of the contestants deliberately wore office girls suits, Brooke Shields was no exception. As a result, Eric wasn't able to appreciate her figure especially her two beautiful long legs.

After introducing herself, Eric asked: "Miss Shields, what we need is a girl with a soft temperament, but you look too sharp, If you get the part, are you willing to let the makeup artist makes some necessary changes to your face?"

Worried about what he said she asked: "Mr. Williams, can you be more specific?"

Eric looked carefully at her and said: "For example, your eyebrows are too thick, we will have to trim them a little, which will make you look gentler and softer. Of course, this is only my personal opinion, for the specific makeup design, we will need to ask a professional makeup artist."

When Brooke heard Eric explain, she nodded her head without hesitation: "No problem. If I can get the role, I am willing to listen to the makeup artist advice and make any changes if necessary."

"Oh," Eric responded feeling melancholy and whispered to himself 'what a determined woman'.

Although Eric bowed his head and started writing something in a doc.u.ment, Brooke was keen to capture the subtle changes in Eric's expression, she didn't know where she went wrong, but it was evident that the young director didn't like her answer.

After a few moments, Eric looked up and said: "Well then, Miss Shields, how about we start the audition?"

"Ok," Brooke quickly stood up, only to find that no staff member will hand her the script, ignoring the helpless look on her face, Eric slowly explained: "Miss Shields, Pay attention, you are now a ... ... ah, " Eric slightly ponde

red, as he made a background for the role: "You are a small clerk working at a design company in Los Angelos."

Speaking up to her, Eric suddenly stopped and said to Alan who was sitting beside him: "Alan, write what I say." waiting until Alan was ready he started from the beginning. "You are a clerk working at a design company in Los Angelos, you start work at nine and end at five every day, you live a boring life. But by chance, you fell in love with a mysterious man you encountered on the bus, but after meeting him a few times, he disappears. But your love didn't subside you keep taking the same bus, again and again, hoping to meet that mysterious man again."