CHAPTER 30 - MICHAEL EISNER'S INVITE

"Huh ?!" Lester didn't expect Eric to suddenly talk about Amy: "Ms. Pascal...... resigned."

Eric was puzzled, he asked: "She resigned ? Why ?"

Lester furiously thought for a while, and after a few seconds, he said: "She had some dissatisfaction with the project, so she resigned. I'm not sure, it might have to do with the fact that she didn't get to be a part of Home Alone."

Eric had seen Lester's eyes flash for a second, and he knew he was lying. He didn't expose him but instead put on a disappointed face: "This is really regrettable, then in that case, I'll take my leave."

Once Eric got into the elevator, Lester knocked on the door of Cohen's office.

Blount Cohen had lost the smiling appearance he had when confronting Eric, he was now frowning as he held a document, but his eyes were clearly not focused.

"Mr. Cohen, this is what you asked for." Putting a folder in front of Blount Cohen, Lester hesitated, before ultimately saying: "I just met Eric Williams on my way in, he asked about Amy Pascal."

Blount Cohen suddenly raised his head and sharply eyed Lester: "What did you tell him ?"

When Lester saw his boss' eyes he subconsciously wanted to take a step back, before eventually steadying himself: "I told him that Amy resigned because the company didn't let her handle the Home Alone project."

Blount Cohen silently stared at him, and Lester added: "I think, Eric Williams and Amy Pascal are not familiar with each other, otherwise he wouldn't have asked me where her office was. So I think he won't go to her and confirm what I said."

"You think ?" Blount Cohen's expression did not let up.

Lester's scalp went numb, he silently cursed at how bad his luck was. He said: "Mr. Cohen, even if my lie was exposed, it would only serve to increase Eric's dissatisfaction with us, which is a good thing for us since he'll be more inclined to accept Disney's offer that way."

Blount Cohen thought so too. Relieved, he waved his hand and said: "Well, you can go now."

......

Driving down Hollywood Boulevard, Eric thought back to his visit at Columbia today, too many things didn't add up. He knew for sure that there was no way Columbia was okay with how things were as his gambling agreement had definitely made them suffer a loss. He also knew that they had already started planning something; one of the clues was the compensation agreement he had in hands, the second was Amy Pascal.

He stopped his car in a parking lot a little further away from his home, traced back, then slipped through his back door. Taking a look from the second floor, there were still a lot of reporters in front of the house.

One of them noticed Eric suddenly appearing at a window, he directly raised his camera to take a shot. It seemed that he needed to move as quickly as possible, while he thought this, Eric smiled self-deprecatingly, even the Runkle's had moved to Beverly Hills, but he realized that he, right now, only had a few hundred dollars in hands. He was as poor as could be.

While he was still in a daze, the phone behind him suddenly rang.

Eric picked it up: "Williams' residence, who am I speaking to ?"

"Mr. Eric Williams ? I'm Mr. Michael Eisner's assistant. Mr. Eisner would like to invite you to lunch, I wonder if Mr. Williams is available ?"

Disney's CEO Michael Eisner, Eric wasn't surprised that the other party knew his contact details, but he was curious about his invite.